Anyone use IEMs primarily at home in a desktop setup?
Oct 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 27
Only been using custom IEM's. Soundstage aside, I dislike the weight of having something on my head. I find it very distracting and uncomfortable. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #19 of 27
Started using my SM3's with my Hifiman EF2A today. I like what I'm hearing! As the tubes warm up fully, the background hiss fades out almost entirely.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #20 of 27
I definately use my TF10 customs more than my headsets for home listening, but if its for video games or movies I use my headsets more.

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #21 of 27
Ever since I got my GR07s I started listening with my M50 less and less. Now I am thinking of whether I should sell them. I find that IEMs are much more easier to use in my situation.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #22 of 27
I actually sleep a lot with IEMs in. I would be worried to fall asleep with my full size headphones. I also use low cost IEMs at the pool as I am completely convinced that water draining out of your ears is not good going into the driver areas of any headphones on a regular basis.

If your sitting around your house with a laptop on your lap IEMs are an ergonomic headphone at times too. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #24 of 27
I plan to, if the customs I'm getting turn out to be better than my current setup.

I agree, fans are incredibly loud, and I don't want to hear them when no music is playing.

Its also great to have one headphone for portable and home use; simplifies things. I can pour all my budget into one thing rather than split it up and compromise one side. I mean, getting just a mid-fi headphone (ie. HD 600 / K701) + amp + dac costs as much as a top tier custom. Why not go the custom route instead?

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #25 of 27
I am using my GR07 now straight out of Logitech 5500 speakers' amp (control unit), sounds so much better than from iPod, or even amped iPod (well...duuhh!) 
L3000.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #26 of 27
I use my TFTA's out-and-about, although at home I HAVE to use my Sony XB700''s they are just....so squishyyyyy haha :p!
No but seriously, I use headphones at home (if i need to) and earphones out - wouldn't do it the other way around, as in headphones for outside (although....thinking about it....with the XB700's.....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!), and earphones for inside

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #27 of 27
i use my W4, custom shelled UM3X, and denon d2000 depending on situation and what im doing; all powered by ht omega's claro+. thinking about getting an amp for them tho. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back