Anyone use Comply tips with their a-jays?
Aug 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Civ2boss

New Head-Fier
I don't know how many of you have a-jays so I might be talking to a wall but does anyone use a-jays with a comply tip? I'm trying to figure out which tip goes with it.

I only have the j-jays as a comparison and it seems like the j-jays has a smaller tube than the a-jays. I'm thinking it's the T100 or Tx100 that will fit since the Comply site suggest them for the D-jays, S-jays and Q-jays.

The A-jays a newer though, so I'm not sure if they changed the size since then. So can anyone help? Thanks

Edit: BTW, I just noticed it's my first post! I've been lurking here for so long that I felt like I was always posting here, lol!

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 10
I am not a wall :)

Well, T400 should fit but S400 and TX400 both do not fit tight enough. The nozzle on a-JAYS is just a tiny bit small than standard side so even Comply T400 isn't very secure, but it is usable. JAYS own foam tip will fit, pushing it onto the nozzle take some effort but it is very secure and doesn't affect the sound by much.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the advice, btw I love reading your reviews. It is always laid out so clearly.

Well I'll give the T400s a try then, I would use Jays own foams but I can't seem to find any place that sells them in the US.

I don't think I'd mind if the tips are a bit loose, as long as it doesn't fall right off. I have some comply for a pair of CX300s and they were so hard to put on. It was a very tight fit, despite Comply actually recommending them for the CX300s on the site.

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 10
If it is for CX300, there is a good chance it is T400 and can be used on a-JAYS as well. You might want to try them out first.

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 10
Do you not like your stock silicone tips? Or do you just want foam for it's benefits?

I actually received a pair of Comply tips with my Philips 9850, along with the standard S M L silicone.

I'm not sure if I'm a bit crazy, but I prefer the silicone tips in almost every aspect. They seem to sound *about* the same, they seem to isolate the same, and they are so much easier to put in and take out. As a bonus, they are easy to clean, and can be reaplaced if needs be at a lower cost than foams.

That just my opinion though. Ignore my random comments.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 10
You're right about the easy to clean/maintain thing. The thing is silicone tips is slightly irritating to my ears. Also foam tips are so much more comfortable and I get a better seal.

I've had my comply for my cx300s for a few weeks and my foams are still in good condition, unlike what some people say about how they fall apart in two weeks.

I think it's probably a personal thing. The foams just fit me better in all aspects.

Sep 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 10
I just got the T400s and they are perfect. Yeah they are a little loose but they stay on even when I take then out of my ears, so that's good enough for me. The a-jays are not terribly isolating anyway.

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #9 of 10
Sorry to bump this thread but I used T500 tips on my a-Jays that I had for my now-faulty super-fi 3s and they fit absolutely perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose, just right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back