anyone tried Darkvoice 337se
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 42
I ordered one quite a while ago and it's been shipped but for some reason it hasn't arrived yet. I think it's stuck in customs because of the holiday rush but USPS is having trouble with their website and the phone tracking is giving me undecipherable gobbledygook. I'll update the official thread with my impressions when the time comes.

However, I'd like to say that I suspect that the difference is marginal and that the 337 plain edition probably represents a far better value. I only swallowed the higher price because of a 10% eBay coupon plus a $200 Microsoft Live Cashback and that it looks much nicer in my opinion.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 42
I like the look better, but I am not going to replace my 337 with it...

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 42
I just got my 337SE but unfortunately, it's been damaged during shipping or left the workshop defected. In defense of Darkvoice, it most likely got screwed up during shipping as my amp was waylaid by customs for over a week.

If you want impressions, you'll have to get them elsewhere. I'm liable for return shipping and for them to ship it back to me; I'd much rather get a refund in that case as shipping costs add up to almost the price I paid for the amp with just two defects.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 42
This is the real risk in buying amps from China. My original 337 had some cosmetic damage when it arrived - fortunately nothing all that noticeable.

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the real risk in buying amps from China. My original 337 had some cosmetic damage when it arrived - fortunately nothing all that noticeable.

me too.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DV wants $80.00 CAD to ship to Canada so I discounted them immediately as a viable option.

the thing is huge and heavy. very heavy. 80 dollars isn't too much, if they can deliver safely.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #9 of 42
Yep, considering the 15kg and distance, it is actually the best postage cost I've seen for this amp, by far.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DV wants $80.00 CAD to ship to Canada so I discounted them immediately as a viable option.

Considering Pac Valve just dinged me for 92US shipping via USPS for a Transport (that weighs 30lbs) coming from Chicago IL to Whitby Ontario (800 miles) 80 CAD for a big amp coming half way around the world is a bargain compared to that.

Alternate reality indeed.

Peete.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #11 of 42
I ordered a DARKVOICE 3322 from Boyier.com - agents for DARKVOICE - and received it this morning, very well packaged and in perfect condition. It cost £50 to ship to UK, plus PayPal fees. It's a Christmas present from "her indoors" so could only get a brief look, and definately no listening. Damn!
angry_face.gif

The 3322 weighed 6.5kgs, so considering the 337se is even heavier $80 doesn't seem too bad.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #12 of 42
The price of shipping a 337 really isn't the issue. The main problem has been that tube cage - no one uses it, and it does not stay put during transport, and it bounces around and causes damage. They should just forget about the tube cage.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering Pac Valve just dinged me for 92US shipping via USPS for a Transport (that weighs 30lbs) coming from Chicago IL to Whitby Ontario (800 miles) 80 CAD for a big amp coming half way around the world is a bargain compared to that.

Alternate reality indeed.

Peete.

Yea, but I can get a Woo3 shipped from the U.S. for much less and if there is an issue with the amp then shipping back to the U.S. is much better than having to ship back to China. Is the DV better than Woo3? I doubt it. And if you agreed to pay $92.00 USD to have a Transport shipped from the U.S. then I have to question your sensibilities.

An alternate reality is a smart place to be, most indeed.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 3322 weighed 6.5kgs, so considering the 337se is even heavier $80 doesn't seem too bad.

Little Dot only charges $45.00 to ship any of their amps from China to Canada. Knowing that little fact makes one go ??? when DV charges almost double.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back