Anyone still usin' UE Super.Fi 5 Pros?
Mar 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #32 of 36
Hello All,
I may be a little late to this thread since Thade's questions were answered and he is now awaiting delivery of his Super.Fi 5 Pro's. I just wanted to stop through as a new member and say that I enjoyed this thread tremendously. I was interested in upgrading my own headphones and I started doing the typical online research into what was offering the best bang for the buck. Eventually I found this forum. I am a big believer in using forums for research, so I immediately started lurking a bit while still doing research externally. I would see something out there in the Googlesphere and then come here to see what real users had to say about it. I had settled on Earphone Solutions as my vendor and was pretty much set to go with the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro. Of course I then saw the Triple.Fi 10 and the Westone 3. I was all set to wait a bit longer and go for the gold but, when I came back to earth, I remembered that: 1. I am currently unemployed and 2. I am currently out of work. Not to mention the fact that I don't have a job at the moment.
Earphone Solutions had a good price on the SF5P and an additional discount of 10% brought the price down even more. I was able to 'splurge' on express shipping and the whole thing cost me under $180.00. I expect to have them by the end of the week and I am REALLY looking forward to Friday. It wasn't easy to resist the latest and greatest things being touted right now around Head-Fi. I am confident that I made a good choice though especially since I have actually been enjoying the sound from my current UE Metro.Fi 200 set for nearly two years. I KNOW that I will be blown away by the SF5P. My music taste is eclectic, with a little of everything from Classical and Jazz (Miles and Coltrane to Fourplay and Acoustic Alchemy) to Old School R&B and Pop (Marvin Gaye and Curtis Mayfield to Annie Lennox and Bonnie Raitt).

Thanks again for all of the helpful information.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #33 of 36
...still have them, and still love them. Always thinking of an upgrade, but no urgent need to do so. They kick and rock, there are more refined ones, but certainly few are as fun as the SF5pro...

Enjoy

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #34 of 36
I'm using these again full-time temporarily until I get my 530's back (being custom sleeved), and the bass impact and treble spark is definitely fun stuff... but after the Shures I can also definitely notice how artificial the sound is and how much mids it's missing. Also remembered how poor the isolation and fitting is for me. But as backup IEM's, definitely decent!

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #35 of 36
I LOVE my SF5p's. I can't understand the rave about all the triple driver IEMs. To me, they produce sound that is very similar to the instruments in the song (as in they sound real to me, not some flat electronic midi equivalent), particularly for rock. Some may say that the sound is colored, and I agree that there is a slight increase in treble and bass quantity which causes the midrange to feel like it's being sucked out, but I feel that it's a fun/non critical IEM I can use on the go when I just want to enjoy the music.

For vocals and piano (especially piano) go for the er4s+amp combo. That would be my next upgrade for sure, before taking the plunge for the UE11s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back