Anyone still usin' UE Super.Fi 5 Pros?
Mar 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dyoon89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hope the reviews help you
Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear): Electronics

originally i had er4p, but i wanted better low-end response and better design. fwiw sf5pro is a perfect iem for me. it might not have the detail er4p has, but it has enough bass and the cable doesn't make much noise when you walk. the fact that i was satisfied with sf5pro while downgrading from er4p should let you know that these really are worth it. i've never met any sf3 users who wasn't satisfied when upgraded to sf5pro. plus at amazon you can return it if u don't like it so u really have nothing to lose here. GO COP THE SF5PRO

The Amazon price is a bit steep. Try Earphonesolutions.com
They should be $189

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 36
They're great mid tier phones, unfortunately they haven't got much time for me after I got my 530's, as it does most things SF5pro does, but better. But one thing it has over the 530 is the impactful, hard hitting bass which I do crave for certain genres of music.

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you pairing them with?

Mostly a sansa clip but I've been doing a lot of "demoing" lately & haven't really settled on anything. I also have a 4th gen iPod, 5.5G and a fuze. Of those 3, I'll probably sell all but the 4th gen and I'm considering a 4th gen Nano and I'll probably pick up a cheap amp to play with.

Pricing wize, I'll probably buy from soundearphones.com with 10.00 off coupon= 179.00 & authorized dealer

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #19 of 36
Good deal. Enjoy.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #20 of 36
yeh, mine still working very good
biggrin.gif

if u r still interested in 2nd hand PM me

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #21 of 36
i love my sf5p!

definitely get it. price/performance ratio is well worth it imho

budget for a westone ES cable too however! the standard UE cables are so annoyingly rigid and stubborn, whereas the westone cables are soo easy to manage
smily_headphones1.gif
(sounds better too! :p)

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! Yeah, I've read all of the Amazon reviews and just about every other review so I'm basically THIS close to pushing the button (Holding thumb and index finger very close together)
smily_headphones1.gif

don't do it.
take the PFE instead, I've owned the SF5p and I really disliked it, the cable is **** and they are the most uncomfortable IEMs ever.

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't do it.
take the PFE instead, I've owned the SF5p and I really disliked it, the cable is **** and they are the most uncomfortable IEMs ever.

Interesting but I did mention that I have SF3 & with UE replacement cable & I have no probs with cable & comfort. I also mentioned that I'm not really interested in PFEs but I do appreciate the recommendation anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #25 of 36
I use mine less since I've got my Livewires, but they are still great phones. If you're already comfortable with the SF3 fit, you should not have any problems with the SF5pro. The main reason I decided to go custom was the problems I've had with most IEMs getting a good fit / seal. Otherwise, I don't know that I would have upgraded past the SF5pro's.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #27 of 36
I still have my SF5Pros, they are the only headphones I've had (apart from dodgy Songy buds and ipod dump in the past). I use them every day and they get mashed in my bag all the time (the metal bits haven't broken). I find the sound to be good, but not amazing, I mean the bass is lacking. I need to get some replacement buds though as I lost one of the medium size ones and large just don't fit in my ears properly. Thinking about foam... I dunno how good that is though. These do the job, they have good isolation too, which is good since I walk along a busy road with cars doing 80km/h and then take a train to work.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #28 of 36
There IS definately enough bass, but the problem certainly comes from your iPod. I'm using it on a Cowon iaudio 7 and I have way enough bass to deal with. Compared to the super fi 3, which I also have...well there is no comparison in the bass department! At least when the 3's are unamped (because amped and equalized, they sound pretty amazing!).
I can imagine people wanting more bass, but then there is the risk of falling into a category of "boomy" phones.

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #29 of 36
Hi

You cant go wrong with the Super fi 5 pros. I had them for around a year and coming from Shure e3c, vmoda vibes and zune premiums they were definately a step up. I also had no problems with the fit of them. Strangely enough i actually prefer them over the shures i had in the fit dept. (They didnt have to go all the way in your ears to get a good seal) The soundstage was also a night and day affair vs the shures i had. While the shures played right in the middle of my head the super fi felt like they played outside and around my head.

Build quality wise i had no complaints .. and the detachable cable is a BIG plus .. as i had to replace the cable once. Imagine having to send in the entire thing for repairs over a simple cable issue.?

While there have been new "Flavours of the week" I still consider the SF5P to be one of the strongest mid level IEMS.. I took them everywhere with me and because of that i lost them about 2 weeks ago .. So i upgraded. but i still miss em. They paired really good unamped with my Zune 30.

Cheers

Jamie

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #30 of 36
I have a black set of SF5Ps, but they're sitting in a drawer gathering dust. They were my first upgrade from ibuds. Although I liked the sound, color, & wire design, they were never that comfortable to me. I probably used them for less than 20 hours total. I ordered a set of Comply foams to see if that would help, but they still didn't feel comfortable to me. Then I found head-fi.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back