Anyone sent your Silver Dragon for repair?
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #16 of 27
it doesn't seem like it should take that long. i had my zu reterminated recently. 3-4 weeks total time from sending it out to getting it back, and half that time was spent in transit. maybe you should buy another cable and then when you do get your silver dragon back, do a comparison and sell the one you like less, or keep both if that is feasible.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 27
When I got my new Moon Black Dragons I listened to one song and then wanted to hear the "stocks" for comparison. I gently pulled the termination off the left side of my cans but the right side pulled the pins right off the termination when I tried to remove them. Here I was with a new cables that didn't even make it 10 minutes, ahhhh. I was sick! Long story short, I contacted Drew via e-mail (forget calling him) and he turned around a new pair in 7 days. This set has never given me any problems. Stuff happens, I am a happy customer and feel I was well cared for.

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #19 of 27
at least he addressed your complaint quickly. but i really wonder if that should have happened at all. when these guys get busy, they sometimes don't take the time to do everything they used before sending out a product.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least he addressed your complaint quickly. but i really wonder if that should have happened at all. when these guys get busy, they sometimes don't take the time to do everything they used before sending out a product.

Well, like I said "stuff happens" all my dealings with Drew have been good.I would imagine it is hard being a small shop and having to keep up with everything. The terminations on the Senn. is a frail thing to begin with due to it's small size.

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I got my new Moon Black Dragons I listened to one song and then wanted to hear the "stocks" for comparison. I gently pulled the termination off the left side of my cans but the right side pulled the pins right off the termination when I tried to remove them. Here I was with a new cables that didn't even make it 10 minutes, ahhhh. I was sick! Long story short, I contacted Drew via e-mail (forget calling him) and he turned around a new pair in 7 days. This set has never given me any problems. Stuff happens, I am a happy customer and feel I was well cared for.

You're lucky man, 7 days... I waiting for mine over 7 month.

Drew told me that he can't "mold" something w/Silver Dragon by himself, he needs his molder to repair mine cable.

Drew drop a mail to me, someone misplaced mine.
frown.gif

No idea how long will got back mine.

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't Drew on vacation now?

do you know how long he's gone?

PACE

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #24 of 27
Pal, I guess your not getting my emails as I have responded to all of them. Check your junk email folder. I know, because of our signature, our emails sometimes get grabbed by the spam filter. Send me a Headfi PM and I can go over the status of your repair.

Just to clear the air about headphone cable molding I will give everyone a quick lesson. The molds used on our headphone cables are the only termination that we do not do in house. All other repairs or custom retermination is done in house and usually has about a week turn around depending on work load at the time. Sometimes they leave the day after we get them. A plastic injection molding machine runs about $75000 and up. We have no interest in purchasing one for a single connection type and thus sub out the work. Single molds can not be done. They have to be done in batches of hundreds of cables. As the plastic injection is a mix of chemicals that requires a min amount per batch. Thus all repairs must be done with larger batch orders. So the bad news there is a time delay on repairs. I have no control over this delay, only the molders govern on this aspect. And they are a very slow and unmotivated industry type
frown.gif
The good news is this. If you have a cable that is out of warranty we offer to remold your cable for a flat cost fee of $35. Other companies such as Cardas and Sennheiser tell you you have to buy a new cable. For this $35, we remold both of your connectors regardless if the other is not bad. We usually clean up your cable and add new heatshrink etc. Not a bad deal for $35. The Silver Dragon V1 was a solid core cable and if you abused the cable and used the hell out of it the possibility of a failure at the base of the molding became apparent to us several years after the introduction of the cable. There have only been about 30 failures out of about a thousand cables. But we have since solved the issue with the Version 2 cable. There have been 0 failures with the new version. And there have only been a handful of failures with the Blue Dragon Version 1 & 2 combined. The headphone cable takes more abuse than any other cable you will ever use. It is constantly being flexed, stepped on, rolled over on by a chair etc etc etc... It can only take so much abuse. But like we said we can repair them but with a time restraint. If the cable is under warranty we usually just send a new cable unless it is something other than the molding. I hope this helps clear the air a bit. Sorry for any confusion or delays. Moon Audio will soon have its own forum on Headfi and will most likely do a more detailed post about this process. As always thanks for all the support.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 6, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same experience for me. But with the silver dragon instead. Twice. It seems to have to do something to do with my SH 650 HP inputs. Not sure. Drew did send me a new cable. Great service. However I have the new cable but I'm a bit reluctant to give it a try. Afraid that I will again end up with the same problem and have return both the cable and the HP for repair.

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #26 of 27
.. Ooops ...Not sure what happenend.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to clear the air about headphone cable molding I will give everyone a quick lesson...

Drew,

I haven't had any issues with my v2 silver dragons but just wanted to thank you for explaining the issues with straightening up the qa problem. It makes me feel a lot better knowing the cause if I did run into an problem down the road.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back