Anyone recognize these headphones?
Aug 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat
These threads pop up on the forum ever so often and can be very interesting. I was catching up on my shows (Trot Lovers, Episode 6) this weekend and came across a particular looking pair of headphones worn by the lovely Eunji.

It might just be that everyone and their grandmothers knows of this model. In which case, props to you for teaching your grandmother how to navigate the Internet! It was the damned mouse which I never got her to acclimate to.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely out of the loop at times. I did some reverse image searches, shifted through a lot of online pro-audio shops (in Korean mind you), but had no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll even throw in a bounty: for the first person who can tell me which headphones these are, I will owe them one favor ticket. Ten of those can be redeemed for a coupon of gratitude, and three coupons can be swapped in for an act of goodwill, or a roll of Mentos. Offer is only valid within the CONUS area, Canada, and select parts of Argentina. Expires December 2019. Free shipping for select orders $100 and up.

But in all seriousness, the curiosity is killing me. Not to mention they are quite sharp-looking, with the sturdy headband, gimbals, and lovely stitching on the cups. That cable looks detachable as well (just a guess).

If the answer turns out to be something embarassingly obvious, I will be embrassed but appreciative nonetheless.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 18
oh no certainly not obvious, never seen those and if IIII haven't seen them, well you know... they must be fake photoshopped ones.
 Time for a search they are one of the nicest looking things I've yet seen.
Dual tension bars across top, retracting leather strap or derivative thereof, fabric covered steam iron cords, easily modded rear back section ( possible vents ) faux metal housings= perfect.
Looking forward to finding out, because I'd be down with a set.
Not seen any on Yahoo Japan ( all current 2900 fullsized listings ) nor the fleabay at all.
Did you look through the latest Headphone Girls book :)

It's bothering me and is a true stumper.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 18
They are either something obscurely new, or more likely, vintage. If anything we might have to email KBS or the writers. That's a last resort though. Very doubtful they'd respond but you hear stories of things like that working out.

It was one of those instances where I was struck by the design more than anything. Does not often happen apart from the SZ1000/2000. It does look like the back is open and while watching they looked a bit more porous than they do in the stills, could be the lighting though. I shifted through his site since it'd be a likely source to find an more obscure Asian model, still nothing.

I'm very serious in that I'd love to find a pair. Anyone, anyone out there, who might have an answer - I'm willing to up the bounty to two favour tickets.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 18
Not seen any on Yahoo Japan ( all current 2900 fullsized listings ) nor the fleabay at all. Did you look through the latest Headphone Girls book :)

It's bothering me and is a true stumper.

Wowzers, now that's dedication!

They look akin to the Philip Fidelio style of design but that style always struck me as being inspired by vintage stuff.
I had plans to stay in bed this weekend and finish watching that drama. Might have to reschedule....

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 18
Now what was that headphone company that had been atending many of the recent overseas meets.  They were metal with leather, and used a spider for the logo on the tops, and their sales rep at the shows was female. Not Spider Headphones but something else.
:)
name like Absolute or similar. It'll be in the recent trade shows overviews.

get those Mentos ready, Baaaaammmmm ( oppps that is Trident gum )

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 18
You sure about the overseas part? I shifted through the various Fujiya coverings, some of the threads on the meet subforum, Innerfidelity, and couldn't find anything with spiders on them.

Would you like spiders with those Mentos? That'll be two coupons extra. Tarantulas will cost an additional fee.

Still no luck, will post the Korean shops I shifted through later, but first will give it one last shot for the day.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 18
aaargh I was thinking of Perfect Sound but it is not them. Took forever to find that.

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #8 of 18
Some clearer, larger-sized screenshots of the cans in question.

This one shows some markings/grooves on the leather, possibly a major hint to this case?

The crazy thing is that it's 5AM here and I'm still digging through the internet to find these.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #11 of 18
whattttt.
redface.gif

Thanks.

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #13 of 18
Aug 17, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 18
Those look nice. The Marleys seem to be noise-cancelling so the vent-looking thing becomes moot. One downer after another.

Maybe stick a Yammie driver or an electret into an aluminum-machined TAD500-duplicate body. Pipe dream.

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 18
noyze cancilling as in Passive ( just good seal and marketing speak ) or for reralz?

You know what the TROLL says about trying too hard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back