Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
Aug 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SilentSound

New Head-Fier
Given some very good reviews on these forums about the DAC-Mini CX, has anyone here placed a pre-order on the PX ? Did anyone here have a chance to give it a listen (at shows/Beta-testing), if yes.. impressions / comparison with the CX  (other than that it adds a Class-D amp) ?

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 4
We are really looking forward to getting feedback on this product. More info is available on our site and as always I'm here to answer any questions.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Jay,

Plenty questions here, I hope you will keep your word
wink.gif
about answering them. Would be great to know

- what improvements does the PX bring to the DAC section over the CX (if any)
- same question on the Class-A section
- was there any update on the chasis as well ? taking into consideration that a Class-D has been added
- I did not see a 'silver' version is it on the cards ?
- the black version - is it the same as CX => hard anodised n all ?
- Is the PX capable of 196KHz on the USB (I have read that CX cant do it)
- are the same mods available for the PX as well (1-Ohm, High Gain, Vario-out etc) ?
- what can we expect from the Class-D when compared to nearest rivals in the market?
- are you bundling any special extras in the pre-orders
tongue_smile.gif

I also read Michael say 'DACmini CX is getting great response, but wait until you hear DACmini PX' pray explain.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi Silent,

There are 2 improvements the PX has over the CX.

1) Addition of a Class D amp
2) Improved chassis (we now offer an upgraded chassis for CX as well)

Other than those 2 items, the PX simply adds on to the functionality of CX. We will be offering the 1 ohm mod. By design the PX will control the volume output of the speaker outputs, eliminating a need for a variable out mod. As for the quyality comparisons, we are very happy with the product and are very confident the users here will give a fair assessment of how it stacks up. Like all of our products, we believe it will easily outperform its price class.

We currently are offering a reduced price on preorders. Contact me directly for the best price.

Keep the questions coming!!!

gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back