Anyone out there in Kansas City??
May 14, 2003 at 10:15 AM Post #31 of 62
wow, i haven't checked up on this thread in quite a while. i don't post much at all but i've been reading the forums almost daily since last fall.

i'm in Omaha. i would be up for a trip to KC for a meet this summer...just name the time and place. i have RS-1s, SR-325s, and Senn HD-580s that i can bring along.

i didn't know there were others on Head-Fi that live in Nebraska! we should have a small meet here as well.

- adam

May 23, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #32 of 62
Well now. Any progress on the the Midwest & Cayman Islands Head-Fi Meet?

Austin, did you ever contact Primus Audio? I might give SoundFX or one of the other area audio shops a call and see if they could accomodate us.

How about everyone lists their open weekends for the next couple months out and we'll see what we can come up with?

kerely

May 28, 2003 at 10:38 PM Post #33 of 62
I'd be able to come to KC for a meet on the June 14th or 21st weekends (travel on Friday, meet on Saturday, leave on Sunday).
That would be ideal.

After June 28th, my Saturdays will be tied up for months teaching a CPA review course for the November exam, but I could schedule around it for nearly any weekend I had enough advance notice.

Let's do it!!!

May 29, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #35 of 62
Kerely, Kieran - I'm in for June 14th if someone in town can arrange the event. I'll PM everyone else on this thread to see what their schedules look like. Wayne

EDIT: Per his PM to me, austonia (Austin) is on board for June 14th! He is looking for a location as well. Thanks, man!

EDIT: HD-5000 is OK with the 14th too.

EDIT: screwdriver will be out of town for a month or two and cannot make the June 14th date. So far, 5 in, 1 out.

EDIT: kerely is out now for the 14th. The count now stands a 4 in, 2 out, and 1 interested but not sure yet (Sean H).

EDIT: macfly is out too. 4 in, 3 out, 1 not sure.

May 30, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 62
I'm leaving for Russia June 9th and won't be back for ... a while. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys get it set up in the meantime, though.

By the way, the Giants are in town playing the Royals that weekend, so some you out-of-towners might enjoy that. Pearl Jam is playing at (what used to be) Sandstone the previous Thursday, and the KC Symphony is performing Handel/Schoenberg's Concerto Grosso that evening.

Good luck to all of you, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help -- hope I can make the next one.

kerely

May 30, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 62
Hi guys! I'm still trying to figure out if I would be able to make it or not. If so, I would have a Gilmore V2 and RS-1's for sure and HD600/Equinox (if I don't sell them by then). Any idea what the times might be on the 14th, from what time to what time? I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks.

May 30, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #38 of 62
I've edited my post above again to show the present count at 4 in, 2 out and 1 hopeful for June 14th. There are 3 more posters on this thread whom I have not heard from yet. Anyone else out there?!?!?

Thanks for the update Sean H (hopefully you'll be able to make it).

kerelybonto - we knew you were leaving town, just not how soon! Thanks for your post regarding the events over the June 14th weekend. Sounds like some fun stuff to do!

With our small group, perhaps we would have better luck in the Fall? Maybe we should wait for kerelybonto to return with some great stories to share of his adventures in Russia! screwdriver will be in the Phillipines for a month or two as well. If June 14th doesn't work, that is.

Lets give it another 3 or 4 days and see what happens.

May 31, 2003 at 7:33 AM Post #39 of 62
well...the 14th wouldn't work for me -- i'll be in South Carolina. i'm back in Omaha from the June 16 - 23; after that things get difficult, i'm pretty booked up until late July, so don't hold back for me if you guys want to get this thing rolling. anytime between July 18 and August 8 is open though.

- adam

May 31, 2003 at 7:54 AM Post #40 of 62
I'm going to be Russia until the end of the year, so don't wait on me. I'll be back in KC for about three or four weeks in December and January, but then I'm off to Hungary for a while, and I'll probably be in DC for a full year after that. I might have a couple of stops in KC somewhere in there, but who knows. ...

I think you should do what you can, as long as you think it'd be worthwhile for those of you who are travelling to get here. Maybe we need to do STA-style and go door-to-door to swell the ranks of KC Head-Fiers. ...

kerely

May 31, 2003 at 8:40 AM Post #41 of 62
Thanks again, kerely - you're definitely off to an adventure! December - January is too risky of a time in terms of travelling with a suitcase full of gear to KC - don't want it to all freeze!

Bad timing with macfly too.

I'm thinking we need to look for another day. Perhaps in late July / early August to catch Adam (macfly) while he is in town?

7 is a lucky number! If we could get 7 head-fi'ers together, that would surely constitute a proper mini-meet!

Jun 2, 2003 at 8:40 AM Post #42 of 62
woh, this thread grew. I am very flexible on times so its up to you guys, I'm game anytime. If nothing else just come by my house whenever. lots of audio toys to play with.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #43 of 62
Hey guys, it looks like June 14th won't work for enough of us. Let's keep the thread active and try another date later this fall. I'm open to everyone's suggestions. Thanks, Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back