Anyone know anything about advertiser "v-moda.com" & modaphones "vibe"???
Nov 3, 2006 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Romanee

Headphoneus Supremus
I clicked the current banner ad above (v-moda.com) and saw some very stylish/trendy-looking canalphones -- I think.

Anyone know anything about these phones, the company -- anything?

There's a mention of "appearing Nov. 8 at Apple Store, etc.". Looks pretty, but...? Didn't see any prices.

Just in case the banner ad goes away before someone reads this, here's the link:

trendy new modaphones "vibe"...

I sure hope I'm not violating any rules with this inquiry! Hope my curiosity doesn't get this thread wiped. (Sorry guys -- I guess that episode did leave a bit of an aftertaste.)

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 45
Nov 3, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 45
Isn't it interesting that Shure, Ety, UE, and Westone essentially dropped the ball answering to the huge demand for sub-$100 IEMs, while generally unknown companies have been the ones to come to bat. How long ago was it that in the under $100 bracket, all you had to choose from were the EX-71 and the awful Koss Plug? The for awhile the Foster's of Japan cheapies were ruling the field, in their Creative and Sennheiser guises. Now, V-Moda, Jens of Sweden, Creative (Foster's?) again with the Aurvana-- the segment is heating up with some serious contenders. There seems to be a general trend toward bassiness among all of them, though, in contrast to the upper levels of the IEM playing field. Maybe I'll finally have to replace my old OEM ep-630.

Nov 3, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by j24
don't know anything about it but here is a review from cnet (for all it's worth).

THANKS for the link.

Still looking for info on the trendy design-y "Vibe" series.

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Isn't it interesting that Shure, Ety, UE, and Westone essentially dropped the ball answering to the huge demand for sub-$100 IEMs.

The UE Metro series was created to fill that void. Haven't heard much about them though.

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 45
Nov 3, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 45
The owner of v-moda is an active member of ilounge...I have the v-moda bass freq's and I have to say they are really sweet hybrid iems...Before the purchase I contacted him (don't remember his handle on ilounge..I believe it's Volkon...) and he promptly responded and was very helpful...After the purchase I also had some questions and again very prompt and helpful..

I don't know about the new models, but shop4tech stocks his items..
Jes

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12
The owner of v-moda is an active member of ilounge

He's a member here as well, and made an appearance in a previous thread about these headphones. Can't remember the thread or his screen name, though.

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust
$83.31 (USD)
http://www.365usa.com/dacsaportal/sy...dID=7020082356
$83.31 (USD)
http://www.365usa.com/dacsaportal/sy...dID=7020082354

better yet...
$62.50
http://www.me-now.com/vviinhe.html

at that last price, it's worth checking out.

GREAT! Thanks. That's a good start.

Hey -- the gold leather pouch must be hot! Now that's a key feature for the style-conscious. Too bad they can't spell silicone (..."ultra-soft silicon"???!!!). Somehow I think black silicon might be a tad too glassy (or gritty) for the ears.

These might not fit my tiny ears, but they look great.

$62.50 is a great price, too -- if they actually sound good.

Nov 3, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 45
The UE super.fi Pro 3's are also under $100 and correct me if I'm wrong but, can't Shure E2's be had for under a bill ? Of course there should be more options, but it would also seem that for those choices we have in that sub $100 category, they aren't all that hot sound quality wise. Probably better than your average earbud, and probably not really worth what the asking price is either but... until we get a lot more choices out there, that's just what it is eh ?

Out of curiosity, I went to try and purchase the vmoda's up there for $62.50 and when I got to the order page, (I had to sign into my Yahoo account to get there) I got this before the order Quote:

Micro Enterprises is not open for business.
Ordering is allowed for testing purposes only.

Nov 3, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 45
Dudes, just search. I feel I've talked myself hoarse saying how much I like them for the money.
tongue.gif

To sum up, the bass freqs are a bit dark, but it's a balance that works. Fuller sound than I'm used to getting from that kind of IEM, and just all around pleasent. I use them mostly for gaming, but if I had to plug them into the ipod, I could. They're the only one of this type that I can stomach after Sensas.

edit - portable gaming, like psp and ds lite.

Nov 3, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 45
Aynone got a pic of the vibes in-ear? I dont want to look like frankenstein with some bolts comin up outta my head - they sure look nice just sitting there though, and my mx400s are fraying at the terminal again (what is this, like my 32423th pair?)

Nov 4, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #14 of 45
Bpm - I was rolling on the floor with laughter about the stick out comment, they fit totally the ear and do not "protrude" at all - the google ad image is stretched. They are made for use laying down on a pillow or wearing a helmet (I ride bikes). We'll be sure to add pics of females wearing them next week.

Romanee: pic of gold pouch below, sorry its not on site yet.

gold pouch vibe.jpg

val kolton
v-moda::: ceo

Nov 4, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton
Bpm - I was rolling on the floor with laughter about the stick out comment, they fit totally the ear and do not "protrude" at all - the google ad image is stretched. They are made for use laying down on a pillow or wearing a helmet (I ride bikes). We'll be sure to add pics of females wearing them next week.

Romanee: pic of gold pouch below, sorry its not on site yet.

val kolton
v-moda::: ceo

hey Val
That's one sleek looking set of earphones! How does the sound compare to the bass frequency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back