Anyone know anything about advertiser "v-moda.com" & modaphones "vibe"???
Nov 6, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190
those wires look flexible. can they be worn around the ear to minimize microphonics?

Yes, they are designed to be worn around, or down. And as you said around the ear helps minimizes microphonics.

Since all in-ears have some microphonics (that we try to minimize in the housing or cables), it is notable the Flashblack Chrome and Gunmetal Black have different cables. The Gunmetal Black has a "silky" touch and is slightly thicker/less flexible, it is very cool by design that it has a "tactile touch" to it - but the cable does have slightly more microphonics. The Flashblack Chrome is more flexible, clear and visually unique, but it does not have a tactile feel and it has a little less microphonics. Lately I've preferred the Gunmetal Black color, and do not use it around my ears but straight down.

I think users used to "thicker" audiophile cables may prefer the gunmetal black, as it feels more thick and solid vs flexible. In actuality they withstand the same abuse from our testing, each have their pluses and minuses that balance out in the end I feel.

We are not talking a lot of difference, 99% of people will not notice - but I thought I'd let you know since head-fi is the 1%!

Nov 6, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #32 of 45
Do you expect these to be able to compete just within it's price point or do you believe the SQ can rival that of the Super.Fi 5 Pro's and the middle of the line Shure's?

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:22 AM Post #33 of 45
You can't ask me this in public or I'll be stoned to death! Perhaps research our other products reviews to see our goal on how we compete at each level?

The stores we are launching at hopefully speaks volumes
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton
Yes, they are designed to be worn around, or down. And as you said around the ear minimizes microphonics.

If microphonics are a huge concern, it is notable the Flashblack Chrome and Gunmetal Black have different cables. The Gunmetal Black has a "silky" touch and is slightly thicker/less flexible, it is very cool by design that it has a "tactile touch" to it - but the cable design does have slightly more microphonics. The Flashblack Chrome is more flexible, clear and visually unique, but it does not have a tactile feel and it has a little less microphonics.

We are not talking a lot of difference, 99% of people would not notice - but I thought I'd let you know.

thanks for that added info. im looking forward to auditioning the "vibe".
i hope they will also be cheaper here in the philippines just like the bass freqs and remix that are being sold locally
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #36 of 45
Hey Val,
Just went to your site and ordered a pair of the gunmetal vibes. Put in for overnight shipping too. Hope it is a good phone. It will have stiff competition going up against my Jays D-jays, Shure E2c, UE Superfi 5pro, and my favorite iems the Westone um2. Plus half a dozen cheapies I have lying around...

Ply

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #37 of 45
I'm interested to hear how well a supposedly high end dynamic headphone stacks up to the offerings of armature based phones.

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

You can't ask me this in public or I'll be stoned to death! Perhaps research our other products reviews to see our goal on how we compete at each level?

The stores we are launching at hopefully speaks volumes
smily_headphones1.gif

Just wanted everyone to know that valkolton was nice enough to answer my question in PM.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99
Hey Val,
Just went to your site and ordered a pair of the gunmetal vibes. Put in for overnight shipping too. Hope it is a good phone. It will have stiff competition going up against my Jays D-jays, Shure E2c, UE Superfi 5pro, and my favorite iems the Westone um2. Plus half a dozen cheapies I have lying around...

Ply

From my own personal experience with modifying the EX71's which use a similar but not the same driver as the vibes should do very well if they are at all as advertized. They should easily beat any of the midrange BAT type offerings & some of even the high priced universal fit ones. These 9mm drivers are very capable drivers if voiced correctly.

Don't know about custom fit ones but they are very very high priced & very limiting if you find you don't like them so most people should stick with universal fit type BAT's. This only because a lot of people don't like the sound of BAT's especially the cheaper ones. That includes me. Don't bother with cheap I.E. less than 200 dollar BAT IEM's. They are not well balanced & some of them may even be bad for your hearing especially if you think volume helps the balance of them. If you can get a listen before you buy any IEM that would be best to determine if you like them or find a store with a liberal return policy (most do not offer that especially on IEM's as they go into the ear & they don't want the responsable for transmitting any possable ear infections).

Nov 7, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #40 of 45
Hmmm.... these are so tempting! I might actually get these in as an addition to my ER4P's, which are horribly microphonic - don't even think about walking with them unless you have them taped down! - or even replace them, if they sound good enough!

Again, like in the other thread - where in Canada can I get these, besides the Virgin stores?

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #41 of 45
Click here and check back - Canada and international availability changes often. Please note not all stores carry all products, so let your phone do the walkin first
smily_headphones1.gif

We will try to seperate Vibe dealers from the others online. I do believe London Drugs will be the first retail chain in Canada to receive.

As I mentioned previously, first allocation of Vibe is going to US Retailers - Apple Store, Bloomingdales, Virgin, Shop V-MODA, and major Japanese stores.

PM me for any other specific questions on availability.

Nov 7, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #43 of 45
Val - I'm organizing the Toronto meet and on behalf of all of us attending, I want to thank you for the opportunity to hear these sweet looking earphones. Thanks, too, to RedLeader for putting the request out there!

I know comments from companies (and their owners) can be looked at with great skepticism (
wink.gif
), so for those of us who get to hear them, we'll be sure to post our unbiased impressions. No sugar coating, OK? Someone posted a frequency response graph on another thread, and they definitely looked promising. I hope the sound matches!

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #44 of 45
Looking forward to hearing your responces on the sound of the vibes.

Nov 13, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

they fit totally the ear and do not "protrude" at all
they are made for use laying down on a pillow

I like this with the Bass Freqs - I can roll and fall asleep no problem
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back