Anyone heard the Panasonic RP-HTX7?
Oct 6, 2006 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
Today at Fry's I saw a big stack of Panasonic RP-HTX7's at the end of the headphone isle. They're very eyecatching with their retro design. They look like the old headphones my high school had in the foreign language room, except with a nice leather headband and much nicer paint job. They're only $50, so I wouldn't expect the world from them, but if they were at least above average, it would be very nice. Anyone out there hear these already and care to share their impressions?

Pictures...

143_fullsize.JPG

1001382_A02.jpg

Oct 7, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 16
Take the plunge, man! If that's really leather and the build quality is decent, you could always swap in some koss 60 ohm drivers if they sound awful.

ps, go for the mustard yellow. For days.

Oct 7, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
...you could always swap in some koss 60 ohm drivers if they sound awful.

I doubt that KSC or PP drivers would perform well in a closed housing.

Dec 18, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ydss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Looking But Bad Sound
I Have Used For 5days,then mail it to the shop.
smily_headphones1.gif

htx7 is about 40$ in china

hmmm... is your pair defective?

i think they sound pretty good, and for reference, I owned the w5000, gs1000, hd650...etc before.

Yes they're probably not nearly in the same league, but i think they sound pretty good.

EDIT: and they look even better in person. i got the "creme" earcup one.

Dec 18, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm... is your pair defective?

i think they sound pretty good, and for reference, I owned the w5000, gs1000, hd650...etc before.

Yes they're probably not nearly in the same league, but i think they sound pretty good.

EDIT: and they look even better in person. i got the "creme" earcup one.

Maybe they're fake as he's in China.
cool.gif

Indeed they look impressive, even more in person.

But I'm holding out on them due to reasons of empty wallet at the moment...

Those are indeed in my list of "soon to get"... 4th to be precise.

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #10 of 16
I wish more headphones were like this... I'm so sick of seeing the same "old black and silver with a lot of curves" design...

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #12 of 16
They are very comfortable... whether they touch your ear or not depend sorely on the shape and size of you ear, but it doesn't touch mine. Have a look at this and this.

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 16
Thanks ClieOS. Would you be willing to measure the depth of the ear space? I got the Koss UR40 yesterday, and I'm probably going to return them because the ear space is too shallow. But they do sound very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back