Anyone have se846 vs fitear go 334 comparison?
Apr 26, 2014 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

acadia

New Head-Fier
I've never heard the 334s myself but hear, pun intended, they are sonically legendary, especially if you like that musicality mid forward sound. Which is why I like shure, I have the 846es, how do they compare to the 334s? And how the hell do I find 334s these days, does fitear have replacement?

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 9
I agree with AnakChan's assessment.  846 gives you impression of imaging because of the layering of the sound.  Not sure if this is caused by phase incoharency of the drivers, but it does provide imaging.  By imaging I mean layering of the vocals to make it sound like it's not too intimate, and hearing the different levels.  Whereas, 334 sounds more intimate with all the sound coming from one layer.  Detail wise, I preferred the 334 because of the not so forward vocal textures that 846 provides.  I also thought 334 sounded more detailed without the vocal textures being too forward.  334 does provide more bass than the 846.

Fit is really important for any iem, but I think more so for 334 than 846.  334 will sound like doo doo if you don't get the right tips for your ear.  Bass can overtake the sound if you don't have the right fit and insertion depth.  It would probably sound like beats.  
biggrin.gif
  So, I think people might take a listen and think it sound terrible.  Same for 846, but to less degree.  I would not use the Shure olives as it's canals are narrow and will cause high frequency distortion.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 9
Silver Ears,

Do you actually own either of the 334 or 846? I am sure, as you have stated on the 846 thread you do not own them. I own the 846 and a buddy has the 334 so I have spent a great deal of time comparing the two. To say the 334 has more bass than the 846 is unbelievable to me. I own or spent many hours with the 846 and 334 and while both have their merits the 846 is my personal favorite.

Another tip Silver Ears stop trolling on threads like 846 or ie800 and just saying you do not like them when you do not own either IEM. Demoing them is a shop is a far cry from actually owning them.

I respect Amos' (AnakChan) opinion while not totally agreeing with him as he has actually owned both and diligently compared them.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Silver Ears,

Do you actually own either of the 334 or 846? I am sure, as you have stated on the 846 thread you do not own them. I own the 846 and a buddy has the 334 so I have spent a great deal of time comparing the two. To say the 334 has more bass than the 846 is unbelievable to me. I own or spent many hours with the 846 and 334 and while both have their merits the 846 is my personal favorite.

Another tip Silver Ears stop trolling on threads like 846 or ie800 and just saying you do not like them when you do not own either IEM. Demoing them is a shop is a far cry from actually owning them.

I've owned both for a long duration and did extensive comparison of them.  As for the ie800, I have not heard it extensively, so I cannot say much beyond how warm it sounded, and wasn't to my liking.  I think it's fair for me to say that. no?  I did listen to UERM demo, and it was noticeably clear and neutral.  It's very offensive to say my actions are trolling without knowing that I've owned the two and spend great deal of time trying to figure out the fit and etc..  I think it's best to provide pro and cons to products so that the reader can get a better accessment.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 9
I've owned both for a long duration and did extensive comparison of them.  As for the ie800, I have not heard it extensively, so I cannot say much beyond how warm it sounded, and wasn't to my liking.  I think it's fair for me to say that. no?

Well that is not what you said on the 846 thread. You said you just demoed them. So which am I to believe?

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #9 of 9
I'm not a basshead so I could care less how much bass an iem has so I'm unbiased to either when it comes to it.  So my honest assessment is 334 has more bass.

And, like I said, check the fit on your 334 before throwing it off as not sounding great.  If you read the 334 thread, many posts about it's sensitivity to fit and insertion deph.  It's quite different this regard to other phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back