Anyone have experience with MP4 players from MP4 Nation?
Dec 19, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #16 of 21
Raz @ MP4Nation is good with returns and things so I'm not expecting any problems there, it's just that it takes so bloody long to get there and back - we'll see...
cool.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkfizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Raz @ MP4Nation is good with returns and things so I'm not expecting any problems there, it's just that it takes so bloody long to get there and back - we'll see...
cool.gif

ok man! Cant wait for the review. Am contemplating something from Nationite for my next DAP if my current one dies

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #18 of 21
My little review on the Nationite S:Flo.

The player comes with a cool black box. Inside the box is the player itself, an usb cable, a wall charger, a small instruction manual and an ear bud (I doubt that anyone will use it). By looking at it, I can say the build quality is very for a $100+ player which is made in china. It is smaller and lighter then I expected. It's even smaller and thinner then my HTC Touch Diamond. The on\off button is located on the bottom of the player, on my player the button is a bit loose I can say. The touch screen is quite responsive but not as responsive as my HTC TD. I paired it with my Hearyourself C3 custom iem with Little Dot MKI+ amp. The sound quality of S:flo is comparable to my Sony walkman(unamp). Next going to the PlayFX feature. Selecting the bass option made the song very bassy(my iem itself is very bassy) and a bit distortion of the low can be heard. With the 3d selected it widens the soundstage but too much for my liking. Last option of the PlayFX is LEQ which I am using, I’m not sure what it dies but it sound nice. The video player is great, so far it's plays rmvb & avi(xvid) that I transfer from my computer smoothly without any conversion. So far I am very happy with the player and am enjoying it ever since it arrives.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #19 of 21
I had a very bad experience with mp4nation, and kindly recommend to anyone to avoid this store. They are liars. Reasons:

1. I bought one Nationite S:Flo 2 from them, paid for EMS delivery. After that I found that they don't delver with EMS in my country. I contacted them asking to return EMS money and they replied, after several days, that they'll use some weird "Courier Mail" which is slower than EMS but faster than free airmail. After some research I found that they used regular free airmail, but kept my money for EMS! I'm going to a paypal petition for this.

2. After many petitions on their support system, they promised they will deliver the parcel on 15.06. But they gave me tracking number on 17.06. When I asked why so late, they replied:
"Your order was already shipped, we could not post your tracking before the public holiday on wednesday. Tracking is posted on your account now."
When parcel finally arrived, guess what? The date when it was received on Hong Kong post was 17.07!!!

3. They delivered the parcel after 12 days of many insistence, and only because I asked them to return the money. Many people on the net are complaining that they didn't received their parcel for a month or more!

So, never buy from this reseller! There are alternatives!

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #20 of 21
Bad:  My Sflo2 was lost in limbo in Hong Kong due to missing return label for about a month and a half and my tracking number came up empty on Hong Kong post.

Good:  Raz read my posts on Headfi and asked me to open a ticket.  Once I did he got back to me within a week and explained what happened.  They reshipped my Sflo2 with EMS that they paid for, I had bought w/ free shipping.  My Sflo2 arrived about another week later w/ a free pair of $40 Brainwavz M1's that honestly sound the best in the price range.  lJokerl feels the same way I believe.  

Conclusion: I waited 2 months total, paid $109 for the 2gb Sflo2 and got EMS shipping and tracking w/ the best $40 IEMs around unless you like the Soundmagics better.  I would buy from them again.

Edit - In essence it only took that long because I followed the procedures outlined for waiting 30 business days before opening a ticket. 

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #21 of 21
Hmm that's got to be one of the few cases where I've seen some good customer service from Raz.
The free EMS shipping is almost expected but throwing in the free Brainwavz M1 was a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back