Anyone gotten to demo the Klipsch Image S4's yet?
Jun 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
CNET had an orgasm over these things. Klipsch's website states that they are available. However, Amazon and other merchants still have them as a pre-order status. I'm holding off buying some Monster Turbines because of these.

Just curious if anyone has actually managed to get their hands (or ears) on them.

Thanks.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 31
I have no idea how Cnet could give them a 10.0 in performance.........

kinda sad their headphone reviews are alll over the place when their TV reviews are by one person most of the time and very solid.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 31
Amazon has 34 reviews for them. Where in heck is everyone getting them? They aren't for sale anywhere obvious. I'm waiting to hear what the people around here say about them.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by markt1600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like the Amazon reviews are grouping the reviews for the X10, X5 and S4 together. The bulk of the 34 reviews listed under the S4 seem to be for the X10...

Yes, the oldest review is from November 2007!

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 31
We've already sold through the S4s we had for klipsch.com, so they are out in the field somewhere! Amazon had a very limited initial stock, I'm not sure if they sold through them or just haven't put them up yet until they get more.

They won't be available for wider distribution until mid-June. If you sign up the backorder list at Klipsch.com, you will get an email letting you know when we have more. You are not obligated to purchase if you sign up there.

Side note: I have no idea why Amazon lumps all those reviews together. It's seems a little odd.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We've already sold through the S4s we had for klipsch.com, so they are out in the field somewhere! Amazon had a very limited initial stock, I'm not sure if they sold through them or just haven't put them up yet until they get more.

They won't be available for wider distribution until mid-June. If you sign up the backorder list at Klipsch.com, you will get an email letting you know when we have more. You are not obligated to purchase if you sign up there.

Side note: I have no idea why Amazon lumps all those reviews together. It's seems a little odd.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I have seen Amazon do this for a few other manufacturers also. It's inconsistent and quite goofy IMO. Hopefully, over the course of the next few weeks, some detailed (also believable) reviews will start popping up here on head fi. If they really perform like CNET says they will, they will be the deal of the century.

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #9 of 31
<Awake zombie thread>

Any new status on these? It's now almost July and I haven't noticed any additional posts with impressions or a head-fi review. I'm very interested in the S4's. I already have X10's, but just curious what Klipsch can pull off for 1/3 the money.

Also, anybody have an idea which Comply tips fit the S4's? I don't like silicone gels because of problems with ear suction. I very much prefer foam tips (or custom molds). The X10's work with both the T100 (on the tip), and the T400 (on the outer ring). The S4's aren't listed on Comply's website yet.

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<Awake zombie thread>

Any new status on these? It's now almost July and I haven't noticed any additional posts with impressions or a head-fi review. I'm very interested in the S4's. I already have X10's, but just curious what Klipsch can pull off for 1/3 the money.

Also, anybody have an idea which Comply tips fit the S4's? I don't like silicone gels because of problems with ear suction. I very much prefer foam tips (or custom molds). The X10's work with both the T100 (on the tip), and the T400 (on the outer ring). The S4's aren't listed on Comply's website yet.

Thanks.

I tried the S4's out (briefly) at an airport about 1 week ago. They were ok, but not earth shattering so I canceled my order with Amazon and ordered some Monster Turbines instead. They are to be delivered today, BTW
biggrin.gif
. The S4's were available for a few days last week at klipsch.com. I checked just now and it looks like they have sold out of them again. Also, I'm not sure about tip compatibility.

I am still interested in seeing some Head Fi reviews on the S4s. I may have been too hasty in judgment. The Turbines were really what I wanted all along.. I think anyway. Will find out for sure today.

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 31
Just ordered a pair from Amazon out of curiosity. Best thing about buying from Amazon...easy return policy if they are not worth the $$$.

Decided I didn't need them, with the NuForce UF-30s I got, so I cancelled the order.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpickr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the S4's out (briefly) at an airport about 1 week ago.

Hello!

I was just curious where you were able to try these specifically? We haven't shipped any orders yet for airport stores, and wanted to make sure you weren't confusing these with a different model.

Thanks for your help!

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

I was just curious where you were able to try these specifically? We haven't shipped any orders yet for airport stores, and wanted to make sure you weren't confusing these with a different model.

Thanks for your help!

Amy,

It was at the main airport in Atlanta. I'm thinking the name of the store was "Inmotion" or something similar. Don't remember the exact terminal. They did look exactly like the pictures that I have seen of the S4s online. The sales person also removed them from a small silver tin which I believe the S4s come in. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back