Anyone gotten to demo the Klipsch Image S4's yet?
Jul 8, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #19 of 31
Well yeah there not available so if you want them you have to pay more. It could be that Klipsch have released a product that is better than there more expensive models and we could see it reappear at a higher MSRP.

When the JVC Marshmallows first came out they were $10, when JVC found out people liked them they doubled the MSRP price.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 31
I had a pair pre-ordered from Amazon for $79, but canceled it because of the post that said they tried them at the airport and they were nothing special. I hardly NEED them, but was mildly interested. I could have returned them to Amazon. In fact, they are still on pre-order there for $79, and I believe they have to honor the price. Maybe I should get a couple pair and resell them on ebay. LOL.

No, I think they will remain at $79. Klipsch, I hope, would not pull that type of BS.

Oh, and there are a couple of S4 reviews on Amazon, two to be exact.

Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone: Electronics

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a pair pre-ordered from Amazon for $79, but canceled it because of the post that said they tried them at the airport and they were nothing special. I hardly NEED them, but was mildly interested. I could have returned them to Amazon. In fact, they are still on pre-order there for $79, and I believe they have to honor the price. Maybe I should get a couple pair and resell them on ebay. LOL.

No, I think they will remain at $79. Klipsch, I hope, would not pull that type of BS.

Oh, and there are a couple of S4 reviews on Amazon, two to be exact.

Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone: Electronics

Actually, if you hit the "Newest First" selection on the Amazon review page and scroll through several of them you will see that there are quite a few reviews for the S4. The ones that I read were positive for the most part. Googling "Klipsch S4 review" also turns up several reviews from places like CNET, ilounge, testfreaks, digital trends, etc. Most of these reviews are pretty mixed with the exception of CNET that went ape over them. I'm still interested in seeing a seasoned Head Fi'ers review of them. I still think I made the right decision going with Turbines. Sure am enjoying them.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #22 of 31
yeah from the reviews i cant say i think these are going to be that good which is a shame but i think klipsch knows this. it feels as though they went out of their way to avoid letting any more reputable sites review them as the first few "reviews" were just useless and said nothing about how they sound other than "oh these are really good"

i wonder if klipsch still says these sit below the custom 1 in their range?

what about the S2 too?

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpickr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, if you hit the "Newest First" selection on the Amazon review page and scroll through several of them you will see that there are quite a few reviews for the S4. The ones that I read were positive for the most part. Googling "Klipsch S4 review" also turns up several reviews from places like CNET, ilounge, testfreaks, digital trends, etc. Most of these reviews are pretty mixed with the exception of CNET that went ape over them. I'm still interested in seeing a seasoned Head Fi'ers review of them. I still think I made the right decision going with Turbines. Sure am enjoying them.

Guess I stopped after the first four, when I hit an X10 review, and of those first four, only two ID'd the S4s.

All I want to know is how to get on that "Amazon Vine" thing.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #24 of 31
I also saw them at the Minneapolis airport (at InMotion - sp?) but did not try them since I already own a pair of X10s. And yes, I am 100% positive they were the S4's. They actually had quite the selection of phones (Klipsch, Shure, UEs, etc.).

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #25 of 31
Hey guys,

Do not pay over $79.99 for these headphones. The price is NOT going up, and we are NOT condoning these black market sales. They will have no warranty from us. People seem to be trying to capitalize on the tight availability, and it's really a shame. I apologize for that. We will be getting a large shipment in this month - please continue to be patient, and there will be plenty to go around.

About the airport stores, I still don't see any orders in for InMotion (unless their corporate account is under a name I'm not aware of), but I certainly believe you when you say you saw them there. They are definitely authorized to have them.

Please remember that the S4s, like the Custom models, will take a little effort to find that perfect seal. Don't give up on them easily. This is even stated as their only flaw in the latest review from Digital Trends (check review here).

Thanks again for all the interest! We are really proud of these...

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 31
I would really like to see a picture of the S4 in someone's ear. I wish all IEM mfrs would include an in-ear picture - it really helps me see both how they look and also what sort of fit I can expect. Here's a clue for what I'm looking for: UE SF5pro = bad form factor, UM1/2 & SE530 & X10 & ER4P = good form factor.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

Do not pay over $79.99 for these headphones. The price is NOT going up, and we are NOT condoning these black market sales. They will have no warranty from us. People seem to be trying to capitalize on the tight availability, and it's really a shame. I apologize for that. We will be getting a large shipment in this month - please continue to be patient, and there will be plenty to go around.

About the airport stores, I still don't see any orders in for InMotion (unless their corporate account is under a name I'm not aware of), but I certainly believe you when you say you saw them there. They are definitely authorized to have them.

Please remember that the S4s, like the Custom models, will take a little effort to find that perfect seal. Don't give up on them easily. This is even stated as their only flaw in the latest review from Digital Trends (check review here).

Thanks again for all the interest! We are really proud of these...

Thanks for that. I figured as much. I just can't believe anyone would buy them at inflated prices.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would really like to see a picture of the S4 in someone's ear.

Does this help?

s4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back