Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?
Oct 26, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #181 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
ALO Silver Six Shooter is "in da house"!

Three pictures taken with different settings and lighting:

I didn't know the iPod could sound so good?! I finally found out what the infamous iPod bass rolloff was and also what I was missing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Does the Six Shooter have 6 individual wires inside? I mean it looks like it only has 3. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #182 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Does the Six Shooter have 6 individual wires inside? I mean it looks like it only has 3. Thanks.

It does have 6 solid silver wires. I've unscrewed the plug and there are 6 wires.

ALO Silver Six Shooter:

RnB Sky Blue Mini V3

Nov 7, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #183 of 216
Oh man check out that new Jumbo Cryo dock. The alo dox are getting fatter and fatter... I can't wait to see how far this goes! Im so about to get the jumbo cryo, but i need to get a better amp first...

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #184 of 216
My ALO Copper Dock came in a couple days ago. Needed something that would be durable as I bought this so I can travel with it as well as use it at home...aka it might get shoved in a bag. So silver wire was definitely out. Still burning it in, but sounds great right out of the box.

I wonder how much this dock differs with the Cyro in terms of sound and durability. The wires feel really sturdy.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #185 of 216
i decided to get the jumbo cryo mini cable. it is currently burning in right now. so far all i can say is its amazing. will post some pics later.

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #187 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by knalb
I can't decide between the bling bling and the copper. I'll be using it with a LDM+ and MS-1s...any suggestions?

You want silver or copper?

Durable or not so bendable?

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #188 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai
You want silver or copper?

Durable or not so bendable?

well, i'm thinking the copper would warm up the LDM+. i'm not concerned about durability, but which one is more durable?

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #189 of 216
Silver is like a paper clip (even looks like one...); bend it too much too far, and...yeah.
plainface.gif

Dunno about copper though.

I will confess that I am worried about my Bling Bling, but...oh well. The Bling Bling will also be louder than if you used copper iirc; it's more sensitive.

Nov 30, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #190 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have both a iMod ipod and a 5G? I would be willing to shoot them a cable for a spin and a little comparo.

Cheers,
Ken

Has anyone rogered up on Ken's offer; as I and I'm 99% sure, others would love to hear the outcome.

Nov 30, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #191 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kwkarth: For the past few weeks, I've been sidetracked by frequent weekend trips to the Outer Boroughs without a computer. (I wish the cause weren't net-shy and would consent to my showing you her picture -- then perhaps you'd fathom the gravitational pull of her pulchritude.) I'm also trying to afford equal time to the Hornet M, which I'll be comparing with Original Ray's Original Hornet in a review in the next few weeks.

Don't worry, though; more LOD impressions are forthspraying. I'm approaching a long week off in September, which I expect to squander in Cape Cod with my squeeze, a laptop, several LODs and a few irked Hornets.

scrypt - Have you been able to attend to any of the aforementioned reviews? I am personally looking forward to hearing your thoughts on both of these fine devices.

Dec 16, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #193 of 216
I ordered a Jumbo Cryo from Ken last night around 10:45. I had a tracking number almost 12 hours later. Keep up the great work Ken and I can't wait to hear the Jumbo!
eggosmile.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #194 of 216
speaking of lineouts, one of the members in this forum was very kind enough to send me his sik ram din several months ago. So, I am thinking of updating that as overtime, my ears have become disappointed with the ipod. I am running the sik ram din to my Go-Vibe 5, which is amplifying my Etymotic ER-4S. My choice of mp3 player on my computer is foobar, and it has given me sound quality that is worlds better than the ipod. Yes, the ER-4S are actually capable of providing visceral bass for those who are unconvinced with it, and the Go-Vibe 5 provides that, with help from foobar. Now unfortunately, the sound from my ipod is rather thin compared to that of foobar, so my conclusion is this. Either a) purchasing a better line-out would make worlds of difference or b) the ipod sound quality just sucks. And believe me, I'm not using anything spectacularly different. I'm using a regular stereo cable (nothing fancy), and the intel HD audio output from my laptop (which is surprisingly damn good for integrated sound).

So my question is this, would a better line-out make a lot of difference? Specifically, if you have used a sik ram din before, or anything alike. And while I am on that question, would a good interconnect also make a big difference? I can understand the line out as it is not being amplified by the ipod headphone jack, but I'm not sure if wires make that big of a difference. Any ideas guys?

Dec 23, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #195 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...So my question is this, would a better line-out make a lot of difference? Specifically, if you have used a sik ram din before, or anything alike. And while I am on that question, would a good interconnect also make a big difference? I can understand the line out as it is not being amplified by the ipod headphone jack, but I'm not sure if wires make that big of a difference. Any ideas guys?

cables and interconnects, to use a poor analogy, can be thought of as motor oils in a car...

the best most expensive $15 per litre motor oil won't make your honda civic perform like porsche...but merely allows your 4 cyclinder civic to perform up to its specs...

but sustained use of cheap $0.79 per litre generic motor oils can and will degrade the performance on a porsche...leading to burnt residue and engine failure at prolonged high revving...

top of the line cables won't add to the source...unless there's a nano-amp in there...LOL

but poorly made, low spec cables can and most likely will degrade the sound coming from the source...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back