Anyone ever own/hear Future Sonics (dynamic customs)?
May 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

EphemeralHope

100+ Head-Fier
Well.. maybe someone has heard these before :) - would love to hear at least some type of comments before I pull the trigger. I am a big big dynamic fan and am wondering if these actually stack up decently against BAs (really the only reason I haven't gotten a custom yet haha). Seems to be the same makers as the popular Atrio series.

Features & Specifications:
NEW MG6pro™ Proprietary 13mm Dynamic Drivers
• 18Hz - 20,000Hz TrueTimbre™ Response
• 34ohm Impedance
• Sensitivity 112db
• +/-20db Ambient Noise Rejection (A.N.R)
• 100% Armature & Crossover Free Technology
• 100% Serviceable (other then driving over them w/ a car)
• 50" standard cable / replaceable
• Hinged Hardshell Carry Case
• Loop Cleaning Brush & Product Manual
• Additional sized LFV Vents
• 30 Day Fit Garuantee
• 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

May 25, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 44
I hope some owners crop up here to comment, because the few brief moments I've considered customs, these have stirred up my interest. I bet they'd sound great, with the power of that FS dynamic driver, but better coupled to your ear canal to take advantage of all those micro vibrations of the better seal.

Good luck with your decision. 

Also, I see in the specs 'new MG6pro dynamic driver'??? Hmmmm, very very interesting... last I knew they were up to 5, and the last custom I had seen used an older '4' driver. I wonder if they've developed a more advanced transducer. 

Edit- Wow, and I now see under the Atrio specs they're up to the 'new MG7' driver. This may indeed be a change. I can't remember what the driver spec was when they changed to the Atrio 'v2' unfortunately. Very interesting.

May 25, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 44

Quote:
however when you click to buy  atrio and pick the color you want then it shows you the old specs MG5 driver as oppose to the new MG7 driver specs 

Hope that just reflects the site needing updates!

May 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 44
As far as I remember the Atrio V2 used the MG5 driver, so MG7 would indeed be an update. Interesting stuff, good to hear they are attempting to keep up with the competition. I was a bit concerned about them given the performance of the Atrio compared to the competition nowadays.

May 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 44
ethan961,
That's what I was thinking too. I've got an email out to David Gray from FutureSonics, asking about the custom's sound gains over their universal Atrio, and the differences in the new drivers. They never seem to announce anything really, keeping things on the down low instead... it's almost as if you have to pry info out of them! 

May 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 44
nice going cn11, this is the first thing I did when I saw the NEW MG7 drivers on Atrios page, I immediately sent an email out to futuresonics about availability,sonic signature and why the custom monitors have MG6 instead of MG7 isn't higher numbers means more progress made, lets see what they have to say

May 26, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 44
I was actually hoping the MG6 makes some crazy breakthrough haha XD, I just realized it could also be a flip effect :frowning2:

Quote:
^^ but the old MG4 drove the FS customs till last year. So, there maybe some changes. Bono used these things, so they may be good. Still, if the inside isn't perfect, then it could be trouble.

May 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 44
I couldn't resist so I just called future sonics to inquire about their MG7 drivers in Atrio line about when is it going to be released or is it already shipping with new drivers, the lady put me on hold and then after two minutes she said
that the Atrio's with new MG7 drivers technology will be shipping in about 1 month 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back