Anyone ever bought stuff off Ecom Electronics? I ordered the HD650 from them.
Jan 21, 2011 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

perplex1

New Head-Fier
http://www.ecomelectronics.com/
I dont work for these guys, or nothing like that

I purchased the HD650's from them because they have a good price for them.

I ordered monday, and I called and said they were shipping out Friday. Which is a long time to get a order processed and shipped.

Other than that, nothing suspicious has happened or anything, I just want to know if they are really good with really good products.  Thanks.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 16
You can google for reviews, and let us know your experience with them. 

G luck! 

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 16
okay update.  I called and they told me they were shipped out friday, but they were damaged in shipping.  The guy then said he was going to ship out another pair today, and will send me the tracking number as soon as he gets it. which should be tonight or tomorrow.

the concern has begun

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 16
Did you pay $414 for them?  If so you might want to see if you could still cancel your order and get them from J&R.  If you call them, you can get them for $330-350, and they have been proven to be reliable

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 16
Not sure what price you paid, but like it was mentioned above, the HD 650 can be had for around $320. I bought mine for 322.50 just last week from J&R, and Sonic Sense also gave me the same price. It is also important to note that they are both Authorized dealers, so you will get the warranty from Sennheiser.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 16
damnit! i used google shopping and that was the cheapest price they listed (414 from ecom). 

They just sent me an email saying that they fwd the new order to the warehouse and i will be receiving the tracking number next

Oh well, bit the bullet on this one.  Because I dont think the return process is going to be pretty with these guys.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
damnit! i used google shopping and that was the cheapest price they listed (414 from ecom). 

They just sent me an email saying that they fwd the new order to the warehouse and i will be receiving the tracking number next

Oh well, bit the bullet on this one.  Because I dont think the return process is going to be pretty with these guys.

I guess its too late. 
frown.gif

Anyways, let us know how everything goes. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:

Maybe you can call them up and tell them you have waited long enough and you don't want it anymore, and they better refund you the money.  Its worth a shot!  Especially since you can get them $100 cheaper elsewhere, and with a better warranty policy. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 16
I have to thank the folks who mentioned J&R -- I called them up, and was able to snag a pair for much less than the price on their website.  I actually negotiated them down a little from the price they proposed on the phone... I didn't quite plumb the depths that some folks have, though! ($325, wow) :)  I can't wait till their re-stock order comes in and mine ship out...

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #10 of 16
buyers remorse and I haven't even gotten it yet :frowning2:

i just called and they said its shipped out, and they are awaiting the tracking number from the warehouse.

please just tell me i will be happy with my headphones!

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
buyers remorse and I haven't even gotten it yet :frowning2:

i just called and they said its shipped out, and they are awaiting the tracking number from the warehouse.

please just tell me i will be happy with my headphones!

Shouldn't it be possible for you to return it for a refund? Just don't open it, (not like there's much difference because there's no plastic seal) and at worst you'd have to pay back the shipping fee, which I'm sure is less than the difference in price you could get them from J&R or Sonic Sense for. Honestly, I'd just decline the delivery so that you never officially claim ownership and wait for the refund. That should work as long as the place you're dealing with is legit and doesn't try to screw you over, but you'd have a tracking number to prove you never received them.

With all that said, I'm extremely happy with my HD 650. They are not as forward as my SR80i, which I do love for what they do, but there is certainly, for a lack of better term, "texture" to the music that I haven't heard before. It's as cliche as it gets, but I'm certainly experiencing my music on a new level. I spent some time rediscovering Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by WIlco yesterday, and I knew through that session that I would have no buyer's remorse. I'm extremely careful with how I spend my money, and taking the plunge on a grad student's budget on such a setup was difficult for me, but it was well worth it. In addition, they've become the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever owned, and after having so many comfort issues other headphones (e.g., ATH-AD700, Shure SRH 440, my Grado SR60, 60i, and 80i), I can't begin to explain how relieved I am since I was so worried that I'd enjoy the sound but couldn't bear their touch. $400 is definitely on the higher side, and with how I am with money, I can't outright say I'd be happy with paying that much for them knowing I could get them for less, but $90 dollars won't mean much in the long run (hey, I'm trying!).

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #13 of 16
steveotron thanks for the input, but i decided to keep them.ugh, will shop around better next time.

I got them wednesday afternoon, which is pretty good.  They shipped monday, so that was an entire week from my order date.
And what was weird is that they are located in NY but it shipped from miami.  I guess they have their business in different places.

But should I recommend? Yes, i'd say so. BUT ONLY if you can't find a price better anywhere else. 

Im happy with my set! now im deciding which amp to get.

The Schiit Asgard, or the Purity Audio K.I.C.A.S. 

I need a SS neutral amp that doesn't add coloration, and im leaning towards the kicas (non caliente version)

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #14 of 16

Quote:

I need a SS neutral amp that doesn't add coloration, and im leaning towards the kicas (non caliente version)

Congrats for your new set of hp's. Im sure you will like them, (specially when you hook them up to an amp)

Have you considered the HA-160? 

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
Quote:

Congrats for your new set of hp's. Im sure you will like them, (specially when you hook them up to an amp)

Have you considered the HA-160? 

i would love the ha-160, however my budget will only allow for sub $300.00. that's why the kicas and the asgard were my choices :frowning2:

budgeting sucks flamingo knees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back