Anyone else use the zagg invisible shield
Jan 31, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience with the cheaper ones is that you can buy two or more for the same price

Yes, you can buy two cheap ones, because like I said the zagg is $17 at amazon. With the cheap ones you will not get any free replacements though, and with zagg you get unlimited free replacements. That's why I feel the zagg is a better deal in the long run, because let's face it these wont last forever before the edges peel up a little and get lint and dust under them. At least with the zagg, when you are not satisfied with the way it looks, just send the old one back and get a new free one.

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

It's cheaper for me because the shipping costs for the replacement (and costs to ship them back) is almost as high as a cheaper one

There is no shipping cost apart from you shipping yours to them. They will ship the replacement to you for free.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Well, last time I got a replacement I had to pay for the shipping costs

When I got my replacement, Zagg put a hold on my debit card for the $25 plus $4 shipping up front until I returned the old one and then they refunded the entire $29. I didn't do any special mail with tracking to send the old one out there, I just sent it in a envelope with the return info, so the total cost of a replacement is 44 cents (the cost of a stamp).

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #36 of 39
i kinda hate zagg, just doesn't like the feel and the look of the invisible shield. For apple products, i would suggest power support or sgp.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #38 of 39
A bit of a necro, but oh well. How does Zagg compare to Ghost Armor? I've never actually used any of the scratch protectors on any of my devices, but I'm thinking of finally doing so if I decide to get a new iPod Touch; I don't think it has the Gorilla glass, quite a shame. A couple of my friends have used Ghost Armor and said good things about it, and I'm not sure I'd go for the more textured Zagg shield.

And also, how do these things hold up to exposure to water (does it get under or loosen the protector, etc.)? I often use a damp lint-free cloth for cleaning stuff.

Dec 29, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #39 of 39

Quote:
A bit of a necro, but oh well. How does Zagg compare to Ghost Armor? I've never actually used any of the scratch protectors on any of my devices, but I'm thinking of finally doing so if I decide to get a new iPod Touch; I don't think it has the Gorilla glass, quite a shame. A couple of my friends have used Ghost Armor and said good things about it, and I'm not sure I'd go for the more textured Zagg shield.

And also, how do these things hold up to exposure to water (does it get under or loosen the protector, etc.)? I often use a damp lint-free cloth for cleaning stuff.

Reports of other stuff protecting as well as Zagg are grossly exaggerated.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcv3ETEQdM&feature=channel

I use Plexus plastic and acrylic cleaner w/ a microfiber cloth and the skin looks like day 1.  At first I thought the orange peel might bother me but the texture and feel actually act as a non slip surface.  Almost two years and haven't dropped my Touch Pro2 once.  After more than a year smaller pieces of Zagg can expand and contract and shift due to a smaller contact area.  The large surfaces like the back and screen are flawless to this day.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back