Anyone else use the zagg invisible shield
Dec 3, 2009 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

derek800

500+ Head-Fier
I put a zagg invisible shield on my iPod touch about 5 months ago, and I love how well it protected my device. Last week my iPod started getting dead pixels and was still under warranty so the apple store replaced it with a new iPod. When I got home I sent the old shield in the mail to zaggs headquarters and ordered my new one. When ordering a replacement they temporarily charge your card until you mail back the old one. Anyways I was very impressed with their customer service, it only took 4 days to recieve the new shield and have the charge dropped off my account. I was surprised they don't even charge you for shipping for the new shield. I will definitely use their shield for any portable electronics like this in the future. I was just wondering if anyone else here uses their products to protect your devices and how your experience with it was.

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 39
I'm considering getting one, for the Cowon S9 I'm thinking of buying, but I've heard that the imitations are pretty much identical. Your impression of their customer service might convince me to go with Zagg, though.

Was your experience with applying the screen good? A friend of mine applied it, but it felt weird and sticky (he also got dust caught in the middle).

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 39
I've also heard of some of the competition being just as good. I also installed a shield by bodyguardz on my girlfriends ipod classic and that one seemed pretty good as well. I was under the impression that if you got a replacement from zagg then you have to pay for the shipping of the new shield, but they refunded the cost of the shipping along with the temporary charge for the replacement shield so it must be covered under the warranty.

I did not have any problems installing the shield, you just have to be careful and take your time. Make sure you wash your hands, the device, and the entire surface area of the table you are working on very well to make sure there is no dust. The only part I had a problem with was the back where the edges need to curl around, they didn't seem to want to stick down, but if you just get it centered where you want and let the edges dry for 10 minutes they will stick better.

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 39
I got it on my phone as well. I'm glad they have my model covered since it's a not so common model.

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 39
best skins ever

or BSE, is also really good. just as good as zaggs invisible shield. id check them out first for a screen cover cuz its cheaper and such but they have a much more narrow selection compared to zaggs.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best skins ever

or BSE, is also really good. just as good as zaggs invisible shield. id check them out first for a screen cover cuz its cheaper and such but they have a much more narrow selection compared to zaggs.

Yea, I've heard best skins ever are really good as well. I know that the zagg costs more money but I do like the fact that they have lifetime free replacements. My friend has gotten 3 free replacements in the last year or so, 1 being for taking his ipod in for service and the others were caused by him putting the thing on incorrectly. The BSE full body shield is about $10.50 shipped but there are no free replacements. I know you can just buy a new one and still be 3 bucks under the cost of a zagg but I like knowing I can send mine back anytime if it starts to yellow or get lint under the edges. I will probably replace mine once a year or so, so the zagg is probably a better investment if your like me.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #9 of 39
I agree with the phantom skins comment. Much smoother, and way less drag than the bet skins ever. Cheap too, look for the 2 for one offer.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with the phantom skins comment. Much smoother, and way less drag than the bet skins ever. Cheap too, look for the 2 for one offer.

use coupon code "winter33" for 33% off
Full body coverage at $16 or so dollars! I just ordered some for my Zune HD

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #11 of 39
I have invisible shield on my blackberry curve 8900 and it's awesame.you must take your time when installing it(I took 45 min.) and the results are excellent.on my iPod touch I have Elago full body shield,I bought it for $9 and in the package you get:the solution,2 back body cover,one film screen protecter to avoid smudges,and one full screen protecter.and I must say it is better than zagg because zagg's shield is thicker and more wavy so it makes it hard to swipe your finger on the iPod screen,but Elago is excellent and of better value ,I highly recommend it.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 39
Bought the Best Skins Ever version (same material, same thing). This protectorant material is the greatest stuff in the universe. I wish that made it in a shape to cover my car. I've tried like hell to ruin mine, you can't even scratch it. I got rid of all my case (and yes, that wasted some loot) ever since I bought my first invisishield-style product.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought the Best Skins Ever version (same material, same thing). This protectorant material is the greatest stuff in the universe. I wish that made it in a shape to cover my car. I've tried like hell to ruin mine, you can't even scratch it. I got rid of all my cases (and yes, that wasted some loot) ever since I bought my first invisishield-style product.

Yes, I really would put this on my car, if they made it for $300 dollar or something. Probably would add drag though.

Oops, I just quoted myself?

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 39
I tried cheaper ones but zagging is best. I have full body on my touch, and full on my tmobile G1 as well as on my Nikon D40's screen. They are sweet and I just bought there zagging skin thAt looks like wood for the back of my iPod lol

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #15 of 39
Got one from best skins ever for my iPod 80GB 5.5G, haven't had one problem with it. I also ordered one online from some eBay seller and honestly the only difference was that it didn't quite cover the entirety of the body. From what I could tell, the material was exactly the same, yet it was also considerably cheaper.

But yeah, don't waste money on Zagg. What you're really paying for is their clearly highly effective marketing more than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back