Anyone else use the zagg invisible shield
Dec 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #16 of 39
Zagg's have been popping around in a lot of malls around me in kiosk form, they generally offer discounted products discounted from online and will install for free, so thats another nifty aspect about them.

Been rocking it on my Nintendo DS, still in great shape, I imagine it'll outlast the DS.

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got one from best skins ever for my iPod 80GB 5.5G, haven't had one problem with it. I also ordered one online from some eBay seller and honestly the only difference was that it didn't quite cover the entirety of the body. From what I could tell, the material was exactly the same, yet it was also considerably cheaper.

But yeah, don't waste money on Zagg. What you're really paying for is their clearly highly effective marketing more than anything else.

The problem with the best skins ever is that they do not offer free lifetime replacements. I know they are cheaper but if you want to change it after 6 months or a year because the edges start to collect lint, then I think it's a better deal to pay $25 once instead of shelling out $10 for every replacement.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 39
i like the phantomskinz better too. i've always used the zagg shield but my brother had an extra phantomskinz that i used for my ipod classic and it's got a better feel and personally i think it's actually a little easier to apply also. plus you get two for the price of one.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #21 of 39
Is phantomskinz the same groovy material?

BTW, I looked on the web and they do make these for cars! Well, the hoods mainly.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #22 of 39
I like the invisible shield. The only thing I don't like is that it does seem to collect dust along the edges. The protection it offers is unmatched though.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratzilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the invisible shield. The only thing I don't like is that it does seem to collect dust along the edges.

Most clear skins have this issue. Have the zagg on my iTouch and it also has a lot of dust.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #24 of 39
i had an Invisible Shield on my 2nd Gen. iPod Nano for over two years. It went through alot, and came out still scratch free. I would never go without an Invisible Shield for two reasons: scratch resistance to the max, and forever warranty. You can't beat it. Also, if you buy from Amazon, you still get the lifetime warranty, but 33% cheaper.

Cant beat it.

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #25 of 39
I have been trying to choose something for my Sony X1060 and to be honest Zagg was the only option. Why? No one else had it for my Walkman, haha.

Checked for phones too and only Zagg had them for my phone.

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #26 of 39
Guardfilm is the 1 I have been using for the past few iPods I've had I trien the Zagg and didn't like it as much, and @ $4.99 for the GF you can't go wrong almost 2 years of daily use and not even a smudge on my touch and my 5.5G iPod still looks brand new

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek800 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with the best skins ever is that they do not offer free lifetime replacements. I know they are cheaper but if you want to change it after 6 months or a year because the edges start to collect lint, then I think it's a better deal to pay $25 once instead of shelling out $10 for every replacement.

Yeah but taking a look at both sites, BSF is about $8 per skin, ZAGG is $25. Meaning you could buy 3 skins straight away, keep the other two as spare and not have to worry about ZAGG either reneging on their warranty because they claim it's your fault or waiting for the replacement to come in. 3 is more than enough too, I've had mine for about a year and it's only just slightly started dusting around the edges. I can't imagine most people keep a player for more than 3 years.

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah but taking a look at both sites, BSF is about $8 per skin, ZAGG is $25. Meaning you could buy 3 skins straight away, keep the other two as spare and not have to worry about ZAGG either reneging on their warranty because they claim it's your fault or waiting for the replacement to come in. 3 is more than enough too, I've had mine for about a year and it's only just slightly started dusting around the edges. I can't imagine most people keep a player for more than 3 years.

Zagg shields are actually $17 if you buy them through amazon, and you still get the warranty. Also Zagg will not tell you it's your fault for the shield not working, their website tells a list of reasons for getting a free replacement, when in doubt just write on the return form that you removed the shield to get the ipod serviced. I actually got my replacement in about 5 business days and they fully refunded the price and the shipping, so it didn't cost a cent. I would rather have lifetime replacements especially because at $17 its only the cost of two of the other brand, and with those you don't get replacements. I have had my 30 gig ipod video for 5 years now and still use it all the time so if I replace it once a year I would have to buy 5 or more of the other brand.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering getting one, for the Cowon S9 I'm thinking of buying, but I've heard that the imitations are pretty much identical. Your impression of their customer service might convince me to go with Zagg, though.

Was your experience with applying the screen good? A friend of mine applied it, but it felt weird and sticky (he also got dust caught in the middle).

My experience with the cheaper ones is that you can buy two or more for the same price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back