Anyone else receive their HF-1's?
Sep 26, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #121 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
I just put the DT770 Headband on them and their soo much better, the bowl pads are still annotying, I think I have big ears cuz their putting pressure on the ridge below the helix and pressing the lobe back.

that's half of the equation. now to get Cpads and the comfort mods are complete (and totally reversable!)

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #122 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i saw a sr325i on sale here yesterday, where someone did that - bought the SR325, put the nicer band on the HF-1, put the HF-1 band on the sr325i, and still sold the sr325i for around 210 bucks. that's not a bad idea, hehe, tho i doubt a puffy grado headband is worth 90 bucks. he probably owned the sr325i from way before and was cool with a band swap before selling it anyhow.

That was me...
I got a pretty good deal on the 325i's new the first time around, so while I'm not getting the leather headband for free, it's DEFINITELY not costing me $90, either... So after about 4 months with them and the glut of used 325i's for sale, I felt very comfortable with the $210 price... you know, supply and demand and wanting to sell them fairly quickly.

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #125 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
How about one brave soul approaches john (calls rather) and asks how much the part costs?.

It aint a driver replacement, he can just pop it in the mail.

Don't forget to have him throw in about 15 of the black plastic/rubber pieces for the poles. I've lost quite a few of them in my tenure as a grado owner. Does loctite work on metal/plastic?

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #126 of 240
i think i'd approach and ask after all the HF1 buisness blows over, i know he's a busy person, and doesn't need an additional annoying question while probablly being bombarded with them as of lately...

It won't hurt to ask though.

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #127 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
frown.gif
My card was charged last week and I still haven't gotten them. I chose FedEx shipping too. I even had dreams about my HF-1 last night.
icon10.gif
Hopefully it will come tomorrow. It's probably just the school's fault.

Most people don't realize that 99% of the time USPS is faster. Priority is 2 day delivery guaranteed w/ free Saturday delivery, whereas FedEx ground (the other option Todd gave me) can take up to 6 business days depending on where you're shipping it! USPS is cheaper too - they've become my favorite carrier for both shipping and receiving.

--Illah

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #129 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
Most people don't realize that 99% of the time USPS is faster. Priority is 2 day delivery guaranteed, whereas FedEx ground (the other option Todd gave me) can take up to 6 business days depending on where you're shipping it! USPS is cheaper too - they've become my favorite carrier for both shipping and receiving.

--Illah

USPS doesn't have a delivery time guarantee on priority. They don't even always have a guarantee on express...

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #131 of 240
Quote:

USPS doesn't have a delivery time guarantee on priority. They don't even always have a guarantee on express...

yeah, priority mail has no guarantee on time at all. I've had situations where it has taken more than a week. It's as if they threw the package into the first class bucket or something. Express however does have a next day guarantee providing you drop it off at the post office by a specific time, usually 5pm. If it doesn't deliver in time, you're entitled to a full refund. I've gotten that a few times.

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #132 of 240
I've shipped and received from Florida to San Francisco in two days - unless I move to Seattle that's the farthest I can get in the continental US. FedEx ground has taken FOREVER on cross country shipments. Just last week I got PartsExpress from Ohio to SF in two days, Saturday delivery. I can only think of one or two times it hasn't been two days, and usually it's shipper delay. Maybe it's different outside of major urban areas since the main mail processing centers are near the big cities.

--Illah

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #133 of 240
hah, I knew it. It was here all along but it just took the mail man longer than usual to sort out the packages at our apartment building. Anyway, some pics:

hf-1_1.jpg

hf-1_2.jpg

hf-1_3.jpg

hf-1_4.jpg

the damaged underside of the right cup that others seem to have I think...
hf-1_5.jpg

the damaged underside of the left cup
hf-1_6.jpg

Can't really make comparisons. I completely forgot what grado's sounded like and only briefly listened to the 325i's two month's ago. I like it though, needed something that worked well with rock.

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #134 of 240
Nice pictures Soupy, I can see that your's also have those nasty scuffs on the plastic where the cable exits the driver housing. Seems this issue is popping up all over the place, but at least it won't affect the sound.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #135 of 240
wife called and said i received something from TTVJ. oh yeah, but classic, i am at work and cant leave until tomorrow at 7am. the anticipation is well...u guys understand
orphsmile.gif

ps #85 has come to the west coast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back