Anyone else itching for more info on the Senn 595 ??
Feb 22, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #31 of 48
It's a head-fi forum, not a headroom forum. Go to the main forums page here at head-fi and it's linked. It's the head-fi forum called "headroom forum." Hope that's sort of clear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by nierika
Could someone post a URL to the "Headroom Forum"? All I can find under "Discussion Area" on headphone.com is links to this site, Headwize, and Audio Asylum.

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
Have you even heard the HD580s?? I have, and even with a cheap-o source they kick the HD590s around like there's no tomorrow.
600smile.gif

Yes, I have heard a couple of them a while back, both unamped. I borrowed one for a couple of days as well. I didn't know about their godlike status at the time, and I think I'm a pretty good judge of sound, so I didn't really know what to expect. I much prefer the HD 590's because they sound livelier and are more versatile.

Edit: I don't think the Sennheiser HD 590 get the recognition they deserve, on this site. Maybe it's because they are different to the rest of the Sennheiser line.

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #34 of 48
No question the 595's are ugly as hell, but who cares? Isn't it the sound quality that counts, afterall it's not a beauty contest is it? If the HD595's sound anything like what they look like on paper (CD3000's with a midrange) Sennheiser is going to have another big hit on their hands.

Feb 22, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
If the HD595's sound anything like what they look like on paper (CD3000's with a midrange) Sennheiser is going to have another big hit on their hands.

Uh oh wrong thing for me to hear or read, maybe that won't be true, if so the CD3k's will be gone, but maybe once they get here I will fall in love and not believe any of the hype of people that say, "The 595's whoop the cd3000's, or are slightly better" or anything of that nature.
Not again.....

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #37 of 48
Me want HD 595
Me have money
Me wonders - when & where

Me now, ugh 285 -->
600smile.gif

Me with HD 595 -->
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone me can tell???

Otherwise me buy HD 600 (plus amp)

Me prefer no amp

Me post now

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by bKeppel
Me want HD 595
Me have money

Me now, ugh 285 -->
600smile.gif

Me with HD 595 -->
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone me can tell???

Me prefer no amp

Me post now

blink.gif

Feb 22, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by bKeppel
Me want HD 595
Me have money

Me now, ugh 285 -->
600smile.gif

Me with HD 595 -->
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone me can tell???

Me prefer no amp

Me post now

Tarzan no need 595.

Tarzan need coconut earcupped headphones.

Tarzan need Jane's coconut sized boobs too.

tongue.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Feb 22, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Alex Altorfer
Tarzan no need 595.

Tarzan need coconut earcupped headphones.

Me have "coconut earcupped" headphones

Me have HD 280 Pro

Me no hear firealarm with coconut headphones

Me tired of jumping off third floor (no palms to climb down)

Me want HD 595, but me not no where to buy

Me no comment on Jane's coconuts

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #42 of 48
Alright, the FR graphs look top notch, Tyll likes 'e, Jan likes 'em... it's time for wild speculation!!! The new Senn HD595 Zing serires is rocking the house!!! Is the HD595 better than the CD3000 and the HD650? Combined? With one hand tied behind its back? Is it giant-killer time? Is Sennheiser finally acing a more "modern headphone sound" ???? Don't those phones look awesome, don't you want your signficant other to see you wearing those??? Let's get rreeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaady to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrummm mmmmmmmmmmmmble!!!!!!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif
redface.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by krafty
I am for sure. I have been following the thread on the Headroom forum and have been trying to read between the lines - so to speak. It appears Senn has another winner along with the 650.

as a happy owner of the Senn590s....I say "gimme gimme"
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Steve999
"modern headphone sound"

Ok, that's the 3rd or 4th time you've used this expression...just what the hell does it mean?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back