Anyone else itching for more info on the Senn 595 ??
Feb 21, 2004 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

krafty

Head-Fier
I am for sure. I have been following the thread on the Headroom forum and have been trying to read between the lines - so to speak. It appears Senn has another winner along with the 650.

Feb 21, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 48
From what I have read it sounds like the new series from the 515 to the 595 may be much more to my taste than the HD580/HD600/HD650 series.

I'll put it this way... I have a nice chunk of Christmas and birthday money saved up. I'm pretty psyched about it. It looks to me like Sennheiser finally "gets it," as far as modern taste in headphone sound. I'm thinking these could be the new killer deals on the headphone market.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by krafty
I am for sure. I have been following the thread on the Headroom forum and have been trying to read between the lines - so to speak. It appears Senn has another winner along with the 650.

Feb 21, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 48
Hey Steve, what does modern taste in headphone sound mean?

But I gotta say the 555 & 595 are beautiful from the Senn photos. Senn certainly nailed a modern sense in headphone aesthetics. The 515 though has to be slopped together by a different designer right?

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Anyone else itching for more info on the Senn 595 ??

Nope, waaay too ugly!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 48
Well, the HD 650 looks better to my eyes. But I'm very curious how they sound, and the HD 595 -- with its 120 ohm -- could be a high-end portable headphone (in the broader sense of «portable»).

peacesign.gif

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 48
I really want to know how they compare as well...but I think the 595 is ridiculously ugly, personally...as far as headphone aesthetics go, I'm a big fan of Audio-Technica. Their higher-end wooden models in particular look gorgeous.

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
The 515 though has to be slopped together by a different designer right?

Yeah, the grills on those things are hideous!

So, what kind of phones are these? Neutral like other Senns or more exciting like Grados? Perhaps a blend of both?

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 48
I am guessing the angled drivers are going to give them a more modern headphone sound and make them more ZINGY!!!!! The angled drivers should provide some brightness and make the soundstage more interesting. For tonal balance I imagine they'll fall somewhere between an HD580/600/650 and a Grado. This I infer from the angled drivers and from Tyll's comments in the headroom forum and from the Sennheiser propaganda. I'm guessing blend of both with more involving soundstage than either.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
Yeah, the grills on those things are hideous!

So, what kind of phones are these? Neutral like other Senns or more exciting like Grados? Perhaps a blend of both?

Feb 21, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #12 of 48
Possibly cd3k killers, competitors? I wonder if these are getting away from the Senn "dark, laid back" sound and aiming towards the market that compete with the cd3000's, since there aren' really too many competitors.
Any takes?

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #13 of 48
I think whoever designed the look of these headphones needs his (or her??) head checked. Too much plastic. But if the price and sound is good, I won't complain. As always, I'm always on the look out for more information and pictures of equipment. Maybe they don't look as bad in person....
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 48
As for sound everyone remember the 590s have been around for awhile. Several times called "the most Grado-like" of the Senn line and generally considered overall inferior to the 580/600/650. Any reason to think the 595s will deviate from the 590s any more than the 650s did from the 600s? Some of the talk in several threads now seem to think these new phones will be a major change. Why?

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
As for sound everyone remember the 590s have been around for awhile. Several times called "the most Grado-like" of the Senn line and generally considered overall inferior to the 580/600/650. Any reason to think the 595s will deviate from the 590s any more than the 650s did from the 600s? Some of the talk in several threads now seem to think these new phones will be a major change. Why?

Your avator trips me out everytime I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back