Anyone else itching for more info on the Senn 595 ??
Feb 21, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #17 of 48
See Tyll's comments and the FR graphs in the headroom forum. To me the HD595s look to objectively outperform all (and I do mean all) of the other Senns, and Tyll's comments are along those lines as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

I AM PSYCHED.
biggrin.gif

BTW, Tyll also just put up a 50-page document of FR and other graphs of 50 headphones, including the Bose QC2s and Sony CD 3000s, as well as of the Senn 515 and 595. Awesome, awesome stuff.
cool.gif

Edit: Tyll was always busting on the shrillness of the HD590s, and he explicitly stated that the Senn HD595s do not have this problem.

Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
As for sound everyone remember the 590s have been around for awhile. Several times called "the most Grado-like" of the Senn line and generally considered overall inferior to the 580/600/650. Any reason to think the 595s will deviate from the 590s any more than the 650s did from the 600s? Some of the talk in several threads now seem to think these new phones will be a major change. Why?

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 48
hd500_2er.jpg

I must concede these are pretty ugly. But what counts is the sound -- I just hope it's not as zingy as the appearance...

peacesign.gif

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 48
Damned Sennheiser. Can't they make phones that look and sound good. Can't wait for reviews and comparisons, though
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #20 of 48
Well I think that the PX200 and HD650 don't look so bad...but the others..yuck!

Feb 21, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 48
Well, I still think the upper Zing line is beautiful, but different strokes for different blokes.

Thanks for the graphs heads-up Steve999. Interesting, it looks like the HD600 has more in common with the HD650 than HD580. Oh well that's a different thread and besides I really have no idea how to read those graphs.

Wonder what the Zing series "E.A.R technology" is, and if it's so good, why it wasn't included in the "top of the line" 650?

Feb 21, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #23 of 48
I have had a pair of 595 on order fore a good while now. The last I heard was that the headband had to be remanufactured because of a problem with it. Because of the delay I am getting the 595 fore 200.00 instead of 249.95.

Feb 22, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #24 of 48
I'm into the Zing styling too. E.A.R., what a Zingy acronym!! I can't wait to be Zingified! It's gonna be Zing city!!!
biggrin.gif

There's gonna be old school vs. Zing school Senn debates forever!!!

I wonder when the first HD6XX Zingified model comes out!

Or maybe the HD700s will be Zingilicious!!!

HD580 vs. HD600 vs. HD650, eh. Ill have to take a look at those graphs closely, that's interesting indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Well, I still think the upper Zing line is beautiful, but different strokes for different blokes.

Thanks for the graphs heads-up Steve999. Interesting, it looks like the HD600 has more in common with the HD650 than HD580... Oh well that's a different thread and besides I really have no idea how to read those graphs.

Wonder what the Zing series "E.A.R technology" is, and if it's so good, why it wasn't included in the "top of the line" 650?

Feb 22, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #25 of 48
So from the charts how do the 595's and cd3000's compare?

Feb 22, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #26 of 48
The battle of the heavyweight Zingaphones!

To my eye they look pretty similar, but the midrange on the HD595s looks a little more forward to me, the mid-to-upper treble just a little toned down, and the bass on the HD595s looks significantly more extended and smoother. And believe me, I'm a CD3000 fan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course, you never know for sure until you hear them, there's a lot of speculation involved, but if I had to pick a phone based on the graph I'd pick the HD595.

Quote:

Originally posted by Jbroad572
So from the charts how do the 595's and cd3000's compare?

Feb 22, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
hd500_2er.jpg

I must concede these are pretty ugly. But what counts is the sound -- I just hope it's not as zingy as the appearance...

peacesign.gif

The 555's and 595's look excellent!

These look like they are a remake of the 590's, with a different look to make them look more modern. I'd say they MAY sound a touch "better" than the 590's. The 590's were made as a replacement to the 580's, which is why they sound so much better than the 580's, sound better from a wider variety of sources, are more adaptable, are better designed and look better. Sennheiser underestimated the status that the 580's had gathered, due to word of mouth and magazine reviews, and were never able to drop them from their line due to continued sales even though the 590's are better headphones. I guess the 590's couldn't knock the 580 off it's pedestal because they sounded different and headphone enthusiasts wanted the 580's successor to sound like the 580. With the three new releases it looks like the timing may be better and headphone enthusiasts may now be more open to accepting the new Sennhieser sound, for the 5xx series, especially since the 650's have been released, which weren't available at the time the 590's appeared, so the headphone enthusiasts don't seem so threatened by a cheaper headphone with a slightly diffferent sound that don't necessarily "need" an amp.

I say, let's bring on the 595 and finally put the 580 to rest. I have to say though that the 580 is definitely a classic with a righful place in headphone history.

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #29 of 48
Conspiracy Theory:

Sennheiser people visited Head-fi forums, did a study, profiled the average member, and designed this series of headphones solely for them...

OTOH, I think Sennheiser have brought these phones to take on Grado line of headphones, by designing a more ZINGY cans.

Feb 22, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Steve999
See Tyll's comments and the FR graphs in the headroom forum.

Could someone post a URL to the "Headroom Forum"? All I can find under "Discussion Area" on headphone.com is links to this site, Headwize, and Audio Asylum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back