Anyone else hooked on Guild Wars?! -nt-
Jun 20, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
This game looks interesting, but are there any single player campaigns, or is it all multiplayer?

You have to play the game online. The game is you against monsters, but as it progresses in hardness you need to team up with people in the towns to beat the quests. There is also 3 types of pvp.

Biggie.

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
This game looks interesting, but are there any single player campaigns, or is it all multiplayer?

Well, you could try your best on your own as well, but I wouldn't recommend that. However, you'll also find a choice of npc companions to take with you in any of the bases, so you don't really need other human players to go on the missions. For some of the missions, the npcs suck, though, as they can be a bit hard to control...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 20, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 37
AP: Well, I'm using one for Teamspeak, when I'm playing with my friends - but it's no requirement for the game per se. All you basically need for communication is the integrated chat window...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 20, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
When I realized Warcraft 3 and WOW didn't have the magic of all the previous blizzard games, I wondered if maybe the magic had left with former employees, so I researched where former employees had gone and stumbled upon Guild Wars. It definetly has the same magic of those Blizzard games.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

mmm..didn't know this info .. /now uploading GW demo/

Jan 17, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #23 of 37
Fun game if you're into hack and slash. I played intensively for a few weeks before getting bored. The PvP arena are quite fun if you're lucky to get a good team with you.

Jan 17, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #24 of 37
If you want to do well in pvp you need to join a good guild, which can be hard if you don't have connections. I don't know if theres even remotely close to enough headiers to consider making a guild hehe.

Biggie.

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #25 of 37
I actually know a few persons who are in a guild ranking in the top20. But at the time (and even more now), I didn't have the time and dedication for that. Especially considering the time I needed to play on a NWN roleplay permanent server.

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #26 of 37
My guild was r34 last night. Well the ladder did reset yesterday hehe.

Biggie.

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #27 of 37
Yes, Guild Wars rocks.

I am an online MMORPG addict. I have played Ultima Online, EverQuest (5 years, was in a top guild) DAoC, City of Heros and World of Warcraft. Guild Wars is easily the best of the bunch.

High points for:
1) No monthly fee.
2) Skill is what makes a player powerful, not gear.
3) I can solo all the way to the end game and beyond (with Henchmen).
4) Great Story in RPG mode.
5) Best Graphics in any MMORPG to date.
6) No monthly fee.
7) Henchmen don't argue over loot, talk back, need to take bathroom breaks, they follow orders well, and in general play better and are smarter than a pickup group.
8) No downtime.
9) Best implemented PvP in a MMORPG to date.
10) Every location in the game (except towns) is instanced - no more racing other players to kill a rare spawn or mob. The entire world exists ONLY for you and your party.
11) Crafting is just about non-existent (yay for me, I *despise* crafts in these type of games).
12) Later on you can change your secondary profession to any profession in the game (you can change at any time to any secondary profession).
13) 70 likeminded people are not needed to complete and endgame task. You can do it with a couple of buddies and a few henchmen (if needed).
14) No monthly fee.

I could go on all day long about how cool this game is, but I feel I have made my point.

The only thing I can complain about would be ocassional Nerfs (which seem to exist in EVERY MMORPG since the beginning of time).

Great game, and the price it right. If you are a MMORPG fan, this is a no brainer - pick it up.

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #28 of 37

Mar 2, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #29 of 37
I was hooked on Guild Wars last semester and played it all the time. After I beat all of the missions and finished the Final Assault quest in Sorrow's Furnace, I just spent all my time farming green items in the Final Assault and Orozar's quest inside Sorrow's Furnace. I then sold the items and racked up tons of gold and bought all of the best upgrades for my character. The only thing I haven't gotten is Fissure armor, but I have stopped playing and I probably would have it already if it had been one of my goals. I camped out and got an Xbox 360 the day it came out, so I have been playing that and I can't wait for Oblivion
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back