Anyone else feel dorky wearing your headphones?
Oct 27, 2005 at 12:34 PM Post #32 of 52
Why should I when I only wear headphones when I'm home alone? Well sometimes a few of my friends might see me with headphones on but that doesn't matter at all.

So I don't feel dorky when wearing headphones.

Oct 27, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
Lols philodox, that's signature line material!

heh, it's true though.
wink.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Ah, if only women thought this way...

They do once you reach a certain age... you're almost there.
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by guvnor
wearing huge headphones in public is like yelling at everyone around you, "disturb me and I'll eat your heart. all of it."

Depends on the headphones I think... I also think that you can say the same thing wearing canalphones if you have the right look.
tongue.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire
If you feel dorky, you're listening to the wrong music.

Good call buddy.
cool.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Philodox and I would naturaly group together 'cause we're both sportin' Modded 340's

Cool, self modded or did you send them to Larry?
340smile.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
the Qualia guys would get all the chicks.

I wouldn't want the kind of women the Qualia guys would be getting... pretty, but no substance... sort of like the headphones themselves.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Worrying about what people think about you will lessen as you get older.
evil_smiley.gif

Hah, yes so true.

Do the K1000s stick out like that? I'd be disappointed if I'd bought some headphones and they obviously have an aversion to ears.

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #36 of 52
I dont FEEL dorky, but with my tiny pin head and my new K240s's I'm sure I look it.. but as I'm sure as heck not gonna be wearing them out of doors.. why worry!
340smile.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #37 of 52
I revel in the dorkiness. There's nothing like riding down an elevator when Pizzicato Five is blasting a psycho version of "Girl from Ipanema" from your gold SR325i in your eskimo hood while walking what looks like a forest fox. Embrace it, baby!

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I'm married with children.... and balding.
I'm happy just to get looks... of any kind.

Garrett

hahah, i knew that was really you in the pic of the avatar... damn your youngest guy i ever knew to bald.

nice.

Oct 27, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #40 of 52
Being a dork and knowing that you're being a dork are typically two different things, and caring what others think of your dorkiness is still another thing. So I'm usually Ok, either by my lack of self awareness or my general attitude that what I do is my business, period. But yes, wearing the Jecklin Floats as I was walking through the Atlanta airport did bring a lot of stares and outright laughter!

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
But yes, wearing the Jecklin Floats as I was walking through the Atlanta airport did bring a lot of stares and outright laughter!

This one that the cakes. I might use K1000 in public if someone dare me, however Jecklin Floats, no way jose.

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
This one that the cakes. I might use K1000 in public if someone dare me, however Jecklin Floats, no way jose.

Halloween is coming up soon.
k1000smile.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #44 of 52
I wear my Grado's anywhere, I don't care (despite the retro look Grados have). If someone looks at me funny, then i'll just start singin' whatever i'm listening too - and i'll sing loud as if I can't control my voice while listening to music in my cans.

Like a previous post said (sorry, didn't catch the name) but, life's too short to really care what people think.

Oct 27, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #45 of 52
To the original poster, I thought you were referring to the dorkiness of wearing full-sized headphones. A compact, barely noticeable KSC-75? Clearly grasshopper, you have much to learn of the ways of Head-Fi.

0c.jpg

This is what I use quite frequently. If I do look like a dork, I don't really care since I probably look like a dork even without headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back