Anyone else feel dorky wearing your headphones?
Oct 27, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Come on guys, geek is the new cool.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Ah, if only women thought this way . . .
tongue.gif

Wait, I'm not a geek. Hehe.

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
KSC-75s are a long way from full dork mode...

Find pictures of NeilPeart floating around here in K1000s in public...

I always wondered how those actually looked on someone's head. I bet people didn't realize what they were or how much $$$$ Cha-ching they cost.

Are the 1000's comfortable?

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Here is a better question... anyone wear their headphones in order to feel dorky? Come on guys, geek is the new cool.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I wear my full-size cans to feel....not dorky, but superior.
biggrin.gif

wearing huge headphones in public is like yelling at everyone around you, "disturb me and I'll eat your heart. all of it."

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #20 of 52
I try not to worry about what others are thinking. However, if I left the house with my ginourmous Philip HP 890s on, I would deserve to be punched in the face.

Small children would run.

Birds would accidentally fly into them.

Oct 27, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #22 of 52
That might start some new class prejudisms. Philodox and I would naturaly group together 'cause we're both sportin' Modded 340's and we'd be leary of the Grado set. The non-amped guys would be looked down upon and the Qualia guys would get all the chicks.

Oct 27, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #25 of 52
i dont mind it.. felt kinda strange the first time, but before long you just feel good because you have such awesome sound coming out of your phones

however, i do feel a a tad odd when people question me about them. it's hard to explain why you spent so much on headphones, and how they sound better and why you care so much

Oct 27, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #27 of 52
I brought my DT770's in once... it was, at the very least, amusing
biggrin.gif

I saw so mony people making comments about "how big they were"

if only they knew...

EDIT: got bored

A Headphone Haiku

Took my headphones out
People tell me "they're so big"
If only they knew...

rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #28 of 52
I think full size cans are kinda out of the question when ur outside...think i would be shot dead immediately if i ever bring my senns out.
redface.gif

maybe a few might pity me as a isolated hermit living in my own world or i'm suffering from some mental syndrome ...
eek.gif
eek.gif

anyway no point exposing your hard-earned cans to the weather..dust..etc

icon10.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 10:02 AM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaGG
but I can't help but feel a little dorky when I'm walking around with these things on my ears.

It's not the Senn HD595s that make me feel dorky (even though the FXGF says I look geeky) it is the iPod, SR-71 and PDAphone attached to my belt. If I had a Batman mask I would not feel dorky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back