anyone able to provide their perspective on GS-1000 compared with denon d5000 markld
Jan 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Quaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
having owned the markld d5000 but having never heard the GS-1000...

from anyone having owned both be very interested to hear any similarities, differences, areas that you think each one is better at, just any general comments

i did indeed love the grados sr-325i as a lower point of reference.

thanks
popcorn.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 36
It's hard to explain other than to say the general " Flavor" was not to my liking. Certainly not for the price. They were a little nasal in the mids and maybe I just expected more from Grado's "Flagship". They were my first Grados though and maybe the Grado signature is just not for me. Overall my Denons Make me happier.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 36
ah right, maybe i will not get on with them too, well, thats a nice start though for your first grados, my first grads were 325i, which i really really loved, and on ordering these am assuming them to be much improved over and above those, maybe they are too different as reported, neverthemind, nice to own them and try them out for myself

i liked the denon 5k, albeit modded, some people didnt like them at all, we all have our own flavor as you say, i am just trying to find one thats a stayer!!
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe i will end up back with 325i's in the end of it all
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #10 of 36
Yeah but what the GS1000's do have is even more valuable than the Grado house. My friend who tried both the MD5000 and owned two pairs of the GS1k's told me that the MD5000's didn't amaze him even to the level of recabled/balanced Creative Aurvana Live!, save the Grado's. It's like a choice between very proper sounding headphones and a musical instrument. Get the GS1000's and fight with your rig until you hear magic. This is what these headphones were created for.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 36
interesting stuff, thanks guys for comments, i am not into bass heavy phones myself, not for critical listening anyway and i guess thats why grado and ety er4s have thrilled me so much previously, i like it clinical and detailed to the Nth!

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 36
The K702's I have burning in right now sound like they might be what your looking for. I have a Head-Direct EF-1 hybrid amp on order so I can't really get the best feel for them until it arrives but so far "Precise and Exact are words that come to mind. If the Tube/SS hybrid doesn't bring out the warmth in them I may move on to ATH-w5000's.
or UP to the Denon 7000's next

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K701's sound like tired GS1000's.
very_evil_smiley.gif

But you are a little biased ?

I hear alot of similarity between the 702's and GS1000's, most notably is thier overall precise and true presentation. Not coloured toward any particular frequency. but "tired" is NOT a word that would come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back