Anybody Watching "The Walking Dead" On AMC?
Oct 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 169
Quote:
The "Breaking Bad" thread was entertaining. I never saw a "Hell On Wheels" thread, but I was a little disappointed in the second season. I'm wondering if anybody is planning on watching the new season of "The Walking Dead?"

Absolutely! It is a great show.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 169
It started off well, but now I'm not too sure about the momentum. Nevertheless, I still have to wait for Breaking Bad to start sometime next year, so yes I'll be watching the new season of The Walking Dead. The ending for the last season was quite epic however, so maybe I'm a bit excited for this new season.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 169
It is a great show.  Not a ton of suprises if you were familiar with the comic though it is a bit varied.  Plus last season I accidently stumbled on the spoiler for Shane's death that AMC accidentially posted on their website.  Still a great show.  Look forward to seeing how the dynamic changes now that they are in the prison. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 169
The second season ruined it for the series. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #11 of 169
Quote:
Why do you say that?

Did you watch the 2nd season? If you're a fan of the comic, the 2nd season just pisses you off. Plus, they did some dumb crap
like waste multiple episodes looking for Sophia. You could just tell the first part of the series was off. Granted, they did try to makeup for it
with the second half. But still, IMO, the series as a whole suffered.

It's like those great series who have awesome first seasons Dexter comes to mind. But then, you have sophomore slumps, etc.
TWD Season 2 was worse than just having too much expectations from the first season.

But perhaps my extreme dislike is from being a avid comic fan.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 169
Quote:
Did you watch the 2nd season? If you're a fan of the comic, the 2nd season just pisses you off. Plus, they did some dumb crap
like waste multiple episodes looking for Sophia. You could just tell the first part of the series was off. Granted, they did try to makeup for it
with the second half. But still, IMO, the series as a whole suffered.

It's like those great series who have awesome first seasons Dexter comes to mind. But then, you have sophomore slumps, etc.
TWD Season 2 was worse than just having too much expectations from the first season.

But perhaps my extreme dislike is from being a avid comic fan.

Well there was a definite slump in season 2 and I agree that there was too much search for Sophia.  Overall I think they used those episodes to put into play more character development. 

I am interested to see how season 3 goes.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #13 of 169
Quote:
Well there was a definite slump in season 2 and I agree that there was too much search for Sophia.  Overall I think they used those episodes to put into play more character development. 

I am interested to see how season 3 goes.

I do think that the general audience most likely enjoyed season 2 more than fans familiar with the story.

The prison is a very exciting part of the comic book, I really hope they don't go off track too much there as well.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #14 of 169
Woooo... Zombies!! lets get this thread going again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back