Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
Sep 28, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #91 of 511

Quote:
Wow, I just watched episode 10 and 11 back to back... WOW!!!
eek.gif

Me too.....

Can't wait to see what happens next.

I lol'd at Ted dying! Served him right.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #94 of 511

Quote:
Walter White meet comeuppance. They can't drag him any lower can they? I actually felt sorry for him under the boards. Skyler was off the reservation without consulting him about Ted. Then I remember, he would have done the same thing and also guaranteed their safety to her. He should have mentioned it was dependent on the money. 

I'm at a loss how they're going to redeem WW now. Redeem is the wrong word. Help him restore some power is more like it. It would appear Jesse is the key but doesn't that thread seem more and more tenuous? 

Why would you assume that they intend to redeem WW? I always took the point of BB to be watching a once good and decent man go down the rabbit hole. IMO He is beyond redemption.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #95 of 511
I see your point and even said redeem was the wrong word. Yet I do think White will find more power some way. If only to create a central conflict for the presumed final season. After all, as pompous and bear handed his actions are, he is the one true intellectual foil for Gus right? Also selfishly I want to see the return of Heisenberg. Much like bed ridden Hank wore on me, or the drug addled Jesse grew tiresome, this all bark, no bite, sniveling Walt has begun to do the same. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #96 of 511
I do agree there.. Walt has been all bark, no bite this season and it's been a little painful to watch. I'd like to see him throw a nice punch (figuratively) somehow.

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #97 of 511
I had not realized that a 5th (16 Episode) season has already been announced. I wish that they would have kept that a secret. Now there's no doubt that WW will continue to survive for at least a while longer. Not knowing is part of the appeal.

I feel that ultimately WW has to die. The question is will it be due to Cancer, or Drug Violence, and will it also destroy those around him? Or maybe being caught, convicted and then shanked in prison, or dying a miserable death in a prison infirmary. Since they have let it be known that there are another 16 episodes after this season the question becomes how will it end, not when.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #99 of 511
Personally I think the show started getting a little stale. I mean Season 1 was so amazing... you have this genius teacher who all of a sudden finds out he has cancer then starts cooking meth in an RV.

Recently it has all been issues with Walter trying to find a way to get away from Gus. Anyone remember how they used to start the episodes with a flash forward? The plane crash and Walter walking out of Tuco's building with his stash...

It has really picked up recently with the flashback of Gus and what happened to his partner... I think what will happen is another cartel arrives and proposes issues for Gus? Maybe Walter heads for Mexico?

I think Gus understands the closeness of Walter and Jesse considering what happened to his own partner. He probably views their closeness as a major threat he needs to finish.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #100 of 511
I don't think another cartel is the way to go this late in the life of the series, else it would have happened already.  Just my opinion, of course.

It would seem to me that the roller coaster is headed toward this group becoming the cartel, and the questions to solve between now and Season 5 end involve who will make it there and who won't, who will adapt and who will fail to adapt.

I don't know man.  I've also been quite bad at guessing these things.  Very much a suspended disbelief, along-for-the-ride type of viewer.

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #101 of 511
With that last episode you would think there were only 2 episodes left in the series.

I'm sure whatever twist comes it will be oh yeah this needs it's final season of episodes before it all wraps up.

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #103 of 511
I have begun to wonder whether Gus will make it for next season. He is one crafty son o' gun. It backfired this time though as far as Pinkman is concerned. Jesse is the pendulum of power in the BB universe. The momentum resides wherever his loyalty lies, which of course has never absolutely, completely been against Walt. I still wonder if he will ever discover that Mr. White watched his former love choke. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #104 of 511

Quote:
I have begun to wonder whether Gus will make it for next season. He is one crafty son o' gun.

I found myself hoping Gus would get in the car.  That he didn't struck me as wildly unbelievable.  I mean come on, what could possibly have happened to cause him to pause and look around like that?  There had better be a good explanation in the next episode, or something else to majorly distract me from this "twist," or I'll have to nudge this show down to a 9.5/10.

Not because I don't like the character or Esposito's performance (both are stellar), I just can't fathom how it would have gone down that way.  Seems cheap to me.  Anyone feel differently?

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #105 of 511
This season of Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best seasons of TV of any show from the past decade or so. The writing, editing, cinematography, acting, sound... almost everything about the show this season is crazy good. And as of the last several episodes, they've certainly turned ending episodes into an art form.

Crazy good.

I hope Aaron Paul, Giancarlo Esposito and Bryan Cranston all get Emmys/Golden Globes for their work (least excited for Cranston though since he's had three Emmys in a row already; plus, Gus and Jesse have been excellent this season compared to Walt).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back