Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
Oct 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #496 of 511
He showed some true range in Breaking Bad, however, have you guys seen some of his other work? The Last House on the Left, not entirely bad, not great either.
His role in Big Love nothing to write home about. Daydreamers absolutely dreadful. 

As much as I loved Jesse, outside of that Aaron Paul just isn't a top class actor, IMO. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #497 of 511
  He showed some true range in Breaking Bad, however, have you guys seen some of his other work? The Last House on the Left, not entirely bad, not great either.
His role in Big Love nothing to write home about. Daydreamers absolutely dreadful. 

As much as I loved Jesse, outside of that Aaron Paul just isn't a top class actor, IMO. 

I don't like to conclude that an Actor is not good because I have not seen them perform brilliantly. It is often the case that great actors are not seen to perform at their potential due to numerous other factors. Budgets, for one, will dictate the amount of time allocated to creating and tweaking scenes to get the most out of the actor.

Aaron has proved himself, to me at least, to be capable of greatness. I hope that his future projects allow him to fully express and develop his talent.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #498 of 511

I don't like to conclude that an Actor is not good because I have not seen them perform brilliantly. It is often the case that great actors are not seen to perform at their potential due to numerous other factors. Budgets, for one, will dictate the amount of time allocated to creating and tweaking scenes to get the most out of the actor.

Aaron has proved himself, to me at least, to be capable of greatness. I hope that his future projects allow him to fully express and develop his talent.

I never said he wasn't good.

As for budget being a limiting factor for an actor, sounds like a rubbish excuse. There's been
plenty of big budget disasters and small budget gems.

It really comes down to the script and producing.  Have you seen any of the big budget flicks
Cranston's been in? Argo, John Carter, Total Recall nothing spectacular here either.

Both showed true range in Breaking Bad, their other stuff..not so much. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #499 of 511
Breaking bad was not the stereotypical movie. Being a series allows a weak scene to go by without condemning the body of that work. Neither was out of place with their character because they were ordinary Joes and not influential and unique like a movie would demand in a two hour timeframe. They grew on us as characters and wasn't held to the same measure as a movie role. If that makes sense.

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #500 of 511
Breaking bad was not the stereotypical movie. Being a series allows a weak scene to go by without condemning the body of that work. Neither was out of place with their character because they were ordinary Joes and not influential and unique like a movie would demand in a two hour timeframe. They grew on us as characters and wasn't held to the same measure as a movie role. If that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, I always enjoy a good series more than movies for that reason. 

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #502 of 511
A great tv show is alwaya better leaves you with so much more the reflect on and be blown away by. BB had plenty od those moments. A standout movie only has a handful of those moments if ur lucky and its over tooooo quick

I guess that I'm happy that "Breaking Bad" didn't go the end the TV series and jump into the yearly theater film route (...like the X Files etc.) However, part of me would like to connect with the story and characters again in the future...

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #503 of 511
I guess that I'm happy that "Breaking Bad" didn't go the end the TV series and jump into the yearly theater film route (...like the X Files etc.) However, part of me would like to connect with the story and characters again in the future...

I'm on the same boat as you...I'd like to see the characters again, together as a whole..I'm not too sure what Saul's spin off will turn out to be like.

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #505 of 511
  Interesting "Breaking Bad" news...they've sold-off our show!

http://screenbid.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/6/

I see what you did there!

But, oh my...they sold off it all!

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #507 of 511
"Breaking Bad" marathon on AMC, yea! I have the series on blu-ray and I'm still watching it! It's a sickness!

Nice!

I got two series you all should look into: Sherlock and Orphan Black!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back