Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
Oct 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #481 of 511
Kind of wish Wendy had been in the last episode of Breaking Bad, would have been fun watching Wendy running away from the compound, with a million dollars, in a bag in one hand and a huge (clear plastic) bag full of blue meth in the other hand,
Hooker gets what she wants in the end (kind of like Pretty Woman).

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #482 of 511
  Kind of wish Wendy had been in the last episode of Breaking Bad, would have been fun watching Wendy running away from the compound, with a million dollars in a bag in one hand and a huge (clear plastic) bag full of blue meth in the other hand,
hooker gets what she wants in the end (kind of like Pretty Woman).

LOL

In the last two days or so I have talked with three different people that said they wish that it would have been made clear who got all Walter's money that Uncle Jack and his Neo-Nazi buddies dug-up.

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #483 of 511

Quote:
  I'm feeling it too
frown.gif

Boardwalk Empire is pretty good though.

Homeland isn't too bad either.

I understand expecting something like Sherlock would be too much.

I'm a fan of Boardwalk Empire, Homeland and Sherlock (season 4 confirmed!) but I never see any mention here of the show "Revenge"
No fans?

In the last two days or so I have talked with three different people that said they wish that it would have been made clear who got all Walter's money that Uncle Jack and his Neo-Nazi buddies dug-up.

Didn't think about it as it didn't matter anymore but I suppose it went to the authorities IF they found it when cleaning up the mess

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #485 of 511
Quote:

Didn't think about it as it didn't matter anymore but I suppose it went to the authorities IF they found it when cleaning up the mess

Yeah, I just took that as a given...but my friends love to speculate as to what could have happened to the mother lode of money...

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #486 of 511

I'm a fan of Boardwalk Empire, Homeland and Sherlock (season 4 confirmed!) but I never see any mention here of the show "Revenge"
No fans?

I've always thought Revenge looked cheesy, however, I'll give it a shot.

Sherlock is pretty badass. U.S. version Elementary is quite good as well.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #487 of 511
On the topic of Breaking Bad... Clearly one of the best shows ever to appear on television. It's a close call for me between The Wire and Breaking Bad as to who takes 1st place in that competition.

Oui, how can you compare those two and not include the Sopranos?   The three are easily tied for me. ....closely followed by Deadwood and the West Wing.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #488 of 511
   Oui, how can you compare those two and not include the Sopranos?   The three are easily tied for me. ....closely followed by Deadwood and the West Wing.

I'm not a big fan of the West Wing.  Deadwood was great but lacked the pay-off (for obvious reasons).  The Sopranos absolutely gets an honorable mention for creating the genre of Cinematic Serial Storytelling. 

Having thought about his topic over the past couple of days my list is as follows:
  • The Wire
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Sopranos
  • The Shield

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #490 of 511
How about Marie. Both her and Skyler were terrible characters. At least Skylers character moved on to help the family business. That look when Walt opened the storage door to 80 mil was priceless.

After all the bills were covered from Hanks injuries, she turned into a real beoch. Hanks hit was on Gus's shoulders but neither wanted to hear it. They were too wrapped up in crucifying Walt. I also had trouble with Jr's character. They didn't bring much to the show. I'll give the baby a pass. I felt they could have done more with the two wives and Flynn. Maybe cure Flynn's disability or buy off some politicians with some of that cash. Perhaps a kidnapping or something.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #491 of 511
Guys...I was quite disappointed that I couldn't be here for the Breaking Bad finale with you guys to join in your awesome discussion a few pages back...but, I'm sure it doesn't hurt to say a few words about that ending.

Wow. Walt tied up those loose ends real good! You know how at the end of the episode, you see Jesse driving off into something that was left unknown?

Well, looky here..(I'm sure it has been posted here before, and many of you's have seen it, so my apologies for bringing up something old:)

Btw, @ The Walking Dead fans, is a thread for that AMC show worth making?

Same with the new, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #493 of 511
  Hopefully he gets to say 'bitch' at least once in this film.

All we can do is hope! Because if he doesn't, we won't be hearing it from him anymore in the future..

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #494 of 511
Oct 31, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #495 of 511
  Yeah, that's Aaron Paul's tagline for the rest of his life...unless he totally stops using it...

Aaron is a top class actor, and the numerous ways that he expressed the word to convey different meanings definitely suited the character of Jesse. But unfortunately for Aaron it has become his catchphrase. I hope this does limit his future roles or hamper his ability to deliver the great performances he is capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back