Anybody try the Bone Conduction Headphone - Alljoy AG110
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
Jul 10, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 36
Oooh looks cool. Surely theres someone round here with $60 burning a hole in their pocket to try it out
blink.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 36
Much cheaper than the one Audio Cubes has. Someone has to try it now. Then when they have the bug they can buy the TEACs as well and compare to see if there is really a $440 difference in them. That would be a great review.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 36
looks intresting,, if the reviewer on amazon had something good to say about the sound i might buy it..i just do not want to spend 60$ ond that ugly thing if it sounds like crap
rolleyes.gif
saves your ears tough
basshead.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 36
You guys are so cheap, take one for the team already!

*holds on to wallet*

Seriously, though, it'll probably be the first bone-conduction headphone review on head-fi (or at least the first in a long time). Think of the glory!

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 36
Hmmm, how do they work? I have a couple hundred to burn.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really understand how they could be very detailed if they are just vibrating your bones. It seems as if they would sound very muddy and be bass-heavy. :|

From wikipedia:

Bone conduction is the conduction of sound to the inner ear through the bones of the skull.

"Bone conduction is the reason why a person's voice sounds different to him/her when it is recorded and played back. Bone conduction tends to amplify the lower frequencies, and so most people hear their own voice as being of a lower pitch than it actually is.

Some hearing aids employ bone conduction, achieving an effect equivalent to hearing directly by means of the ears. A headset is ergonomically positioned on the temple and cheek and the electromechanical transducer, which converts electric signals into mechanical vibrations, sends sound to the internal ear through the cranial bones. Likewise, a microphone can be used to record spoken sounds via bone conduction."

"Bone conduction products have following advantages over traditional headphones:

* Ears-free, thus providing extended use comfort and safety
* No electromagnetic waves (EMW), eliminating the potential effect of EMW on cerebrum (if any)
* High sound clarity in very noisy environment
* Protecting hearing from loss due to extended use of conventional headsets and earpieces.

There are some disadvantages:

* No stereo sound, as all sound seems to come from inside your head
* Some implementations require more power than headphones
* Less clear recording & playback than traditional headphones and microphone"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_conduction

Mmm...

It reminds me of this toothbrush that come out a while ago that played music by somehow conducting your teeth to make a simple tune play while you brushed your teeth...

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #12 of 36
Looks interesting...I bet it will hurt to screw those things into the bone though
blink.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #15 of 36
when my doc tested my hearing it sounded far better when he held the tuning fork over my ears (normal hearing) as compared to when he pressed it against my skull (bone conduction)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back