Anybody here a UFO buff?
Apr 10, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nsx, you think if its military development, its soley stemmed from 'us'?, some of our current technologies could have been influenced by ET tech no?

i love the fact that helis and 'crafts' are show in ancient egyptians reliefs art in tombs and pyramids
wink.gif

hieroplanes.jpg

Hmm, but the arrangement for a helicopter was always going to be obvious. I mean, there's only 1 way you can really place the rotor.....

Apr 10, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #17 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do understand most of what would be in the books you suggest to pick up and "enlighten" ourselves is THEORY, don't you?

mattcalf, ATS takes up most of my day at work
wink.gif

Of course I realize this, but you do realize that this stuff isn't pulled out from people's asses-- these theories are very rational, tested, and thoroughly observed. Just like gravity- did you know gravity is just a theory?

Granted the life besides our own is not as such a sound theory as most others yet, but we have recently launched a new telescope/satellite that will search for life our in the verse. If scientists find traces of oxygen by a star, then one can only assume life is not a far fetched idea.

Watch some documentaries and you will see how rational thought and science is put behind these theories. I recommend a PBS special called "what we still don't know" for someone who is not familiar with the concept. I believe it is on youtube.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #18 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course I realize this, but you do realize that this stuff isn't pulled out from people's asses-- these theories are very rational, tested, and thoroughly observed. Just like gravity- did you know gravity is just a theory?

Granted the life besides our own is not as such a sound theory as most others yet, but we have recently launched a new telescope/satellite that will search for life our in the verse. If scientists find traces of oxygen by a star, then one can only assume life is not a far fetched idea.

Watch some documentaries and you will see how rational thought and science is put behind these theories. I recommend a PBS special called "what we still don't know" for someone who is not familiar with the concept. I believe it is on youtube.

Yes, gravity is indeed a theory, and one that never struck me as truth either. Granted I am not a scientist of any kind, just a hunce, it doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Assuming oxygen is absolutely necessary for life is foolish. Simply because life on Earth requires it does not at all mean the entire universe follows OUR rules and theories.

Again, rational thought as in human rational thought, which has many, many flaws.

The picture Quaddy supplied in this thread is just the tip of a very large iceberg of artifacts that raise quite a bit of questions. They may not be proof of anything, but they can't be completely discarded either.

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #19 of 123
It's very arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe. There are millions of other planents outside our solar system. So the possibility is still there. But I doubt aliens would openly visit us. We are very barbaric, and imagine the panic..Also, finding earth would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 123
Quote:

You assume they need air to survive..Humans need air to sustain life..Maybe some Alien life forms don't.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #21 of 123
I have actually seen some weird things I just can't explain. I know I'm not crazy because at least 4 other people were there with me and saw the SAME thing. Now, I don't want to limit the explanation for what I saw to UFO's or little grey/green/orange men but I won't dismiss the idea either. I have also had weird things happen in dreams that are simultaneously happening elsewhere. I also can't explain that. I've had numerous stuff happen to me which to this day troubles my mind and spirit. Worst of all - I have no explanation.

I want to believe.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #22 of 123
In this world of 3408983020948045334009 ever present cameras, I find it intriguing that we still havent seen any images that are in focus or believable for that matter. ....fascinating!

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #23 of 123
Quote:

And for the record, no matter how fast you can build a space craft, NO ONE can travel faster than the speed of light.

Not true. Einstein was wrong. I was watching that William Shatner show about how Startrek changed technology and they interviewed a physicist who has proven that you can travel faster than the speed of light but the energy requirements to do it are impossible to obtain. In theory it can be done though. Unless he was lying, which I doubt.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have actually seen some weird things I just can't explain. I know I'm not crazy because at least 4 other people were there with me and saw the SAME thing.

What did you and the 4 others see?

Maybe UFOs are us visiting the past via time travel and can't make themselves known to us because that would alter the course of history.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #25 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have actually seen some weird things I just can't explain. I know I'm not crazy because at least 4 other people were there with me and saw the SAME thing. Now, I don't want to limit the explanation for what I saw to UFO's or little grey/green/orange men but I won't dismiss the idea either. I have also had weird things happen in dreams that are simultaneously happening elsewhere. I also can't explain that. I've had numerous stuff happen to me which to this day troubles my mind and spirit. Worst of all - I have no explanation.

I want to believe.

Since you are someone that I trust to not make things up, I'd really like to hear more about this .... only if you're willing to share though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true. Einstein was wrong. I was watching that William Shatner show about how Startrek changed technology and they interviewed a physicist who has proven that you can travel faster than the speed of light but the energy requirements to do it are impossible to obtain. In theory it can be done though. Unless he was lying, which I doubt.

Well, he didn't prove it, so it's an unproven theory at best.

~~

My thought on the whole thing are if there were aliens near us (don't doubt that there could be other life in the universe), they would have taken us over... it's just the nature of things, power, dominance... or if they were enlightened beyond the power grab that we live by, then they would have contacted us. There is no logical reason for them to sneak in and out without saying "hi" if you KWIM...

But I keep an open mind because there are many dimensions beyond what we know, so none of us really know the bigger picture

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #26 of 123
Quote:

What did you and the 4 others see?

Maybe UFOs are us visiting the past via time travel and can't make themselves known to us because that would alter the course of history.

My father and I were enjoying a Sunday afternoon game of catch. During a high toss, I looked up and caught a glimpse of a round, disc shaped object about the size of small pea.

I told my father and he saw it too. We thought for a while and thought it was a weather balloon. However, it was a windy day and the "balloon" was not moving. LITERALLY! NOT MOVING. We kept watching and after watching this thing for 2 minutes, another one showed up in the blink of an eye. Then another one and finally one more. There was a total of 4 objects and they all moved in a smooth motion back and forth and then in circles. They made no noise.

My neighbors happened to be in their backyards and asked what we were looking at. We pointed and they saw them as well. One of them, worked at LAX and told us that he would check with a few traffic controller friends. We all continued to watch in amazement. Imagine this - a small disc sized object that moved flawlessly and very fast and didn't make any sound whatsoever.

Anyway, this went on for a good 10 minutes. I then ran into the house and found my dad's binoculars and went outside to get a better look. I could see a sort of fuzz underneath each disc. Then suddenly, one just disappeared and then another. In the blink of an eye two were gone. The remaining two just kept going back and forth between each other until finally, they both also disappeared in the blink of an eye.

What were they? I still have no idea.

My neighbor went to work and proceeded to ask his friend at traffic control about any planes in that area. My neighbor said his friend simply smiled and told him to forget about it. When he asked again his friend appeared agitated and said he had no clue what he was talking about and that there was nothing in that area at the time we were there.

For the next week, my father and I would go outside and just stare to see if we could spot any more. Nothing.

About 2 months later my father was watering the plants outside and he proceeded to gaze at the sky. One difference this time, was he was wearing sunglasses. When he stared at the sun, he saw them again and called me. I put on some glasses as well and sure enough - there were 2 spots moving going back and forth as before. This went on for a good 4 minutes and then one disappeared as before - in the blink of an eye. The other one remained completely still for about 15 minutes more before it too disappeared.

We have seen these same objects 3 other times and still have idea what they are. It's been years since we last saw them but they were incredible.

Since then, my father has been spooked in the back yard by "shadows". My father is a tough guy, working on cars all his life. He is one of toughest guys I know and he doesn't scare easily. Yet, many times, he has been outside at night and has seen dark figures watching him. At first I kinda dismissed it as the mind playing a trick on you. Yup...until it happened to me.

It was late at night, around 2AM, and I was watching a movie with my brother in our home theater. I went outside to pee. While doing the deed, I felt something watching me and I could hear a slight buzz. When I turned around to look, a dark figure, about 7 feet high, jumped off a tree and walked away. I have never been creeped out sooo much. This is the first time I have "talked" about this. What freaked me out, was that is was close by. When I saw it - it didn't run away - it WALKED. I could hear the steps in the leaves and all I remember feeling was really cold. This only happened once to me. My father though, has had this happen at least a couple times. Even now, as I type this, my hairs on my arms are standing. I have never been so scared in my life. I like to think that maybe, my mind was playing a trick on me. I hope so.

There are other stories that my mom has told me but I have never seen those or I can't remember them. I tell it here as I saw it and while I don't want to push any beliefs or theories on anyone, I am still at a loss for words in regards to an explanation for things that have happened to me and certain things I have seen.

Well...that's about it. I take too long to type to talk about more and my wife wants to go to lunch.

To be continued...

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #27 of 123
Quote:

Quick note before I go eat:

You CAN go back and alter history. However, the alteration only creates an alternate universe. This is something we argued at length in my college philosophy in science course. It can cause headaches.

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #28 of 123
Wow, LFF's story brought back a vivid memory. About 30 years ago, I was riding in the car with my family on a trip to Arizona. I was staring out the window and saw a disc, almost exactly like what LFF described. It hung, motionless in the air, for a bit, then another suddenly appeared. They circled around for a few minutes, then both vanished. I don't think they were conventional aircraft - they sure didn't move like them.

I am skeptical of alien visits. I think it's far more likely these were government craft. My best guess is that they might be a nuclear powered airfoil. Airfoils have been around for decades, however, they're not capable of lifting their power supplies. If anyone wants to fool with this technology, Google "lifter" and you'll find plans for making your own from tinfoil, balsa wood and a salvaged flyback transformer from a CRT. I think there are lifter videos on YouTube, as well.

Anyhow, what I was getting at is that it might be possible for a lifter to run off a small nuclear reactor. It'd be disc shaped, would fly like no airplane or helicopter, and would share many other characteristics with UFOs. Also, a lightly shielded nuclear reactorflying in an experimental aircraft would *not* go over well with the public. Hence, the secrecy. Also explains the explosion in sightings shortly after WW II; we had just figured out nuclear power.

Anyhow, that's my take on the UFO thing. I think it's far more likely that humans are zipping around in nuclear powered airfoils.

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #30 of 123
I thought the thread topic was about the space-rock group UFO.

0001.jpg

Oh well.

But considering I've been running SETI@home for roughly 6 years then yes I do believe, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back