Anybody here a UFO buff?
Apr 10, 2009 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been watching UFO Hunters, and at first I thought it'd be just stupid conspiracy theories and stuff like that.

However, the more I watch, the more intrigued I am about this whole UFO thing.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #3 of 123
Aliens! That explains it! The high end loudspeaker cables actually IS magic, the aliens made them!
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by hybris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aliens! That explains it! The high end loudspeaker cables actually IS magic, the aliens made them!
wink.gif

Aliens dont use magic! Its all about ultrahigh scientific technology! How do I know this...?
biggrin.gif

In any case, as a Scifi freak all kinds of UFO related stuff interest me. I dont believe in them a one bit, but I still find them intriguing in what-if fashion.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #6 of 123
I personally think UFOs are probably just highly advanced military aircraft that no one know much about.

I mean, the blackhawk and B2 development were pretty much completely covered until they officially unveiled it.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #7 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by hybris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Yeah they made S-Logic for ultrasone too.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 123
Regarding UFO's as alien space/air crafts:

There is a [size=medium]LOT[/size] of space out there, I could give you numbers on how big the universe is, how many stars and galaxies there are, about how many stars have planets, but the numbers will be just too big for anyone to truly comprehend. But to think we are the only ones in this massive universe is ridiculous.

HOWEVER, going back to my original point about space (unoccupied/empty)-- there is simply WAY TOO MUCH space in-between stars and galaxies, and for any intelligent alien race to travel it just to see our little planet is again, ridiculous.

The nearest star to us is about 4 light years away. What is a light year? A light year is how long it takes LIGHT to travel from this star to our planet. The nearest galaxy is about 2.5 MILLION light years away.

And for the record, no matter how fast you can build a space craft, NO ONE can travel faster than the speed of light. C is like the speed limit for everything. So assuming these aliens (which probably wouldn't look too far different from us... but that's getting into a whole different discussion), can travel at near the speed of light-- they would be dead way before they ever got to our little blue planet.

The only way I can see it happen is with the use of worm holes, but that is all theory and science fiction at this point.

Are there other living organisms and intelligent life out there? Most probably. Has anyone on Earth been anally probed or even seen them-- or will ever see them? Highly unlikely.

Pick up some books or take a class and enlighten yourself about space and the universe before you start to believe this UFO nonsense. I'd also be happy to elaborate and go into this further if you'd like.

But I guess if UFOs are real then they would have to be made by us, IE the military.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #10 of 123
I do belive

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding UFO's as alien space/air crafts:

There is a [size=medium]LOT[/size] of space out there, I could give you numbers on how big the universe is, how many stars and galaxies there are, about how many stars have planets, but the numbers will be just too big for anyone to truly comprehend. But to think we are the only ones in this massive universe is ridiculous.

HOWEVER, going back to my original point about space (unoccupied/empty)-- there is simply WAY TOO MUCH space in-between stars and galaxies, and for any intelligent alien race to travel it just to see our little planet is again, ridiculous.

The nearest star to us is about 4 light years away. What is a light year? A light year is how long it takes LIGHT to travel from this star to our planet. The nearest galaxy is about 2.5 MILLION light years away.

And for the record, no matter how fast you can build a space craft, NO ONE can travel faster than the speed of light. C is like the speed limit for everything. So assuming these aliens (which probably wouldn't look too far different from us... but that's getting into a whole different discussion), can travel at near the speed of light-- they would be dead way before they ever got to our little blue planet.

The only way I can see it happen is with the use of worm holes, but that is all theory and science fiction at this point.

Are there other living organisms and intelligent life out there? Most probably. Has anyone on Earth been anally probed or even seen them-- or will ever see them? Highly unlikely.

Pick up some books or take a class and enlighten yourself about space and the universe before you start to believe this UFO nonsense. I'd also be happy to elaborate and go into this further if you'd like.

But I guess if UFOs are real then they would have to be made by us, IE the military.

You do understand most of what would be in the books you suggest to pick up and "enlighten" ourselves is THEORY, don't you?

mattcalf, ATS takes up most of my day at work
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 123
It just wouldn't surprise me that the whole alien thing it a cover for military aerospace development.

My problem is that I'm not sure if the saucer shape offers monumental aerodynamic advantage over other shapes.

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #15 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone on Earth been anally probed or even seen them-- or will ever see them? Highly unlikely.

This is really the only thing I care about. Couldn't care less whether they actually exist or not, but I'm certainly not going to be taken without a little preparation. I have been working on myself with an Iron Worker's Erection (Spud) Wrench for about 10 years now. If it's going to happen, I'm not banking on their gentleness or a caring squirt of space lube. I'll be prepared.

The place below is a good source for spud wrenches with top notch customer support. Start with the smaller wrenches and work you way up, not the other way around.

Erection (Spud) Wrench - Box End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back