Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #301 of 509
The other day I had a little freak out that 2007 was ten years ago..

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #303 of 509
Please can you add a link to the mobile menu to go directly to subscribed threads.
A massive amount of improvement has been made over the last few days; keep up the good work guys.
BTW couldn't add a smiley due to a security error

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #304 of 509
I used the old site for a few years, and increased my knowledge, thanks to people on there.At 76 years old, I am not good with computers. The old site, worked perfectly for me, but after several hours trying to work out how to use the new site, I give up. Sadly, I am out of here now.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #308 of 509
Big list of replies incoming. Sorry for the length of this post in advance.

How do you search a thread or a forum, rather than the whole site?

We're looking into adding a specific "search this thread" option similar to the one Huddler had. For now, please use the advanced search menu here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/28317/?searchform=1

I'd also like to report log in issues. I don't know how many times I've had to log in today, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were ten. The site logs me off often.

Might seem like a dumb question, but have you checked the box to stay logged in? I haven't been signed out once since checking that option.

for some reason not all of the forums i subscribe to show up...all of the for sale forums i subscribe to do not show up in addition all of the forums such as headphone or source equipment etc do not show up...only individual source items such as chord mojo or audeze lcd-4 etc show up?....anybody understand this and can offer suggestions?

Thread and forum subscriptions are now separated. If you subscribe to an entire forum, you'll be able to view them here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/forums

• Where can you see a list of your reviews?
  • Why are my FS adds back open? Will there be a closed button?
  • Why can't the FS adds be bumped? will they work again?
  • Where is some of my trader feedback? Is it lost forever?
  • Why are all of the links deactivated, will they come back?
  • There is currently no area of the profile that links to all reviews by the member. You can locate them using the advanced search. We're looking into adding an indicator similar to what Huddler used previously.
  • The data for open/closed couldn't migrate properly, so all FS threads are open. We're looking into a way to close the ones that were re-opened, but for now you can flag a listing and we'll close it manually.
  • There is no bump button. To bump a listing simply post in the classified. We're asking members to not do this too often, about once every 2-3 days please. We're working to improve the classified system but that will take a considerable amount of work to get it working as well as Huddler's did.
  • Trader feedback is not lost. We're still importing that data.
  • Deactivated links are something we're looking into with no ETR.

Jeebus, now those spammers....also, most of my reviews are gone, "likes" were gone, and now I don't know who "likes" what I posted anymore....what in the blue moon ....

We're working to squash the spammers and stop their posts. Reviews are not gone, just not linked to the accounts at the moment. We're working to restore them. You can see when someone likes your posts in your alerts.

Please can you add a link to the mobile menu to go directly to subscribed threads.
A massive amount of improvement has been made over the last few days; keep up the good work guys.
BTW couldn't add a smiley due to a security error

We're working to improve the mobile experience. I also want a direct link to subscribed threads on mobile, so we hear the feedback and we're working on it. The smiley and quoting errors on mobile are under investigation.

Nothing like getting on here this morning and seeing the Help/Introduction forum spammed. No user threads to be seen, just try this or love that spam threads.

As mentioned above, we're actively working to squash the forum spam. We hate it just as much as you guys do, possibly more. We suppress the account when we see it or when it's flagged for us, and remove those threads from the forums. We're looking into the most reliable method to prevent it altogether.

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #309 of 509
Well......not good..... is the fact that i spent a lot of time......a lot of work and effort creating a " music to listen to your headphones"........and i go there today, and all my videos are not working.
They show up as a photo, but not as a video.
WHAT?

if you are reading this....could you go to this link and tell me if you can play my Videos?
I cant.
They dont even seem to be there.....just a photo of each of them....but not the actual video.
I hope the new site upgrade didnt delete all my work.

here is the link........thank you.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/music-to-test-your-headphones.789298/

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #313 of 509
I'm just about ready to leave here. I can't seem to do anything .

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #315 of 509
I can't quote mobile and can't do anything mobile this is just a disaster. No smiles no anything I can't do anything mobile but straight post. I'm about to say goodbye if this doesn't straighten up soon. Lots of well wishes but no real working fixes. This is a bad roll out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back