Anybody else using studio monitors?
Aug 4, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #166 of 172
Late to the party but I also am using a pair of monitors. I settled on the Monitor audio PL-100's. Tried the Dali Helicon 300 mk2's and the ProAc Response D's and found the MA to be much more suited to my taste. Powered with a simaudio amp its audio heaven. So good in fact I sold off my main headphone rig and now just have my simple setups.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #167 of 172
I'm getting a pair of M-Audio BX5a's tomorrow for my computer set-up, but I have a question and figured I could ask it here:

How would I be able to hook them up to my computer? I have to run an 1/8" out, but how would I be able to get that to go to separate TRS cables?

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #168 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vilicus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting a pair of M-Audio BX5a's tomorrow for my computer set-up, but I have a question and figured I could ask it here:

How would I be able to hook them up to my computer? I have to run an 1/8" out, but how would I be able to get that to go to separate TRS cables?

w/o doing research is sounds like these speakers each have a trs plug? if so you will need to probably get a mini to rca then a pair of rca to 1/4. Unless u can stumble on a mini to dual 1/4 plugs. Radioshack should have these cables.

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #169 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vilicus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1/8" is unbalanced, so it will be to TS cables. Here's a link to the sort of Y-cable you'll need.

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #171 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes that is a logic textbook behind it. always need that one close at hand.

Philosophical or mathematical logic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back