Any1 know were to get the FiiO RC-UE1 replacement cables in the US.
Nov 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jiff

100+ Head-Fier
My TF10's will be here on the 1st and I'm looking for a good replacement cable for them and came across the RC-UE1 which look good.  I was wondering were to get them in the US (or if their even out yet) and how much they cost so if anyone has info on them it would be much appreciated.

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 10
It is already out in Japan. The cable is purposely built for Oyaide Japan so the Japanese will have it first. You will just have to wait for a little longer. The Japanese MSRP is around US$70.

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Alright thanks for the info.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 10
B&H now carries these.  Special order product that will take a few weeks, but the price looks great!  $27.50.  

I'd give these a try, but I don't think they fit reshelled TF10s.  I currently have UE Custom cable/sockets.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 10
That's real cheap compared to the MSRP of US$70 in Japan. It's usually the other way around.

Someone give these a try and post impressions please.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 10
I think there are supposed to be two cables. The HPC-UE and the RC-UE1. So, the $70 silver HPC-UE one is better than the $27 normal one. The HPC-UE is Japan only last I read but ClieOS said they will have it first(Tai knows something further?). I know FiiO were in negotiations and they may partner in designing a new cable from the ground up. That may be the one we will see outside of Japan. http://www.head-fi.org/t/581048/new-oyaide-hpc-ue-iem-cables

Nice price on the RC-UE1 though. Worth it just for the build quality and better ergonomics over the standard cable. The SQ upgrade may be a bit hyped though. I'd only try the better one since I already have a Chris_Himself cable on my Triple.fi.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 10
Yes I love the way the Oyaide HPC-UE looks but unfortunately it's only offered in Japan at the moment.

I agree the RC-UE1 is worth the $27 just for the better build quality and ergonomics. Although I highly doubt there will be any sonic upgrades, if any it's probably barely noticeable. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 10
I have the RC-UE1 now and writing a short impression + photo (check out the cable forum in a day or two). The Oyaide HPC-UE is exclusive to Japan for now and FiiO is trying to negotiate deal to bring it to international market. the RC-UE1 is not exclusive to Japan, just that Oyaide is exclusive to the first batch.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 10
Looking forward to your impressions and photos ClieOS.

I'm hopeful that Fiio and Oyaide will work something out to bring the HPC-UE to the international market. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back