Any Zune owners out there?
Jul 30, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #16 of 390
Zune 30 owner with old firmware (for extra fonts) so it's not very social as the old firmware cannot see new firmware. Bought a D2 and have been using that more often so I might sell the Zune though.

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune 30 owner with old firmware (for extra fonts) so it's not very social as the old firmware cannot see new firmware. Bought a D2 and have been using that more often so I might sell the Zune though.

do you mean support for the UNICODE hack, right ?
You must start following the development of the new UI with Unicode support that will require you to update to version 2.5 of the firmware.

You are missing a lot with the old firmware.

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 390
Recently upgraded to the Zune80 from my Toshiba gigabeat S (a great little player too) and I really like it.

The Zune 2.5 software is excellent, especially for podcasting and fixing screwed up id3 tags.

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #20 of 390
<3 my zune80! so much! I was comparing it to my old sony nw-hd5 soundquality wise (no amp, just grado sr-60s) and it actually sounds almost...brighter or more crisp which was surprising to me. But the sony def has more warmth to it. Still trying to determine how to differentiate that was just my initial impression. No matter what though, the zune is sexy.

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you mean support for the UNICODE hack, right ?
You must start following the development of the new UI with Unicode support that will require you to update to version 2.5 of the firmware.

You are missing a lot with the old firmware.

Yeah, Unicode fonts.

I heard about that new hack in June and having now just checked it seems the 0.1v has been released as of a couple days ago. Even with it out, I might still stick with the D2 if only for the freedom from software. I don't know how the new software handles videos but the old one would seemingly randomly reject some of my videos for syncing while sync others flawlessly when they all came from the same converter.

Maybe I'll keep it as a backup player for when my D2 runs out of battery power, although that doesn't really seem like the best use of it.

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #23 of 390
I can't live without my red 80, I forgot to bring it to school one day and pretty much died.

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #25 of 390
Another very happy Zune 80 owner here. Great on the commute with Super.fi 5 Pros and in the office with Denon D1000s. Great sound quality from the headphone out.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 390
I'm very fond of my Black/Blue Zune 30, it sounds great with my amp from the headphone out.. the day MS released 2.0 firmware with lossless support I was ecstatic.
smily_headphones1.gif

another thing that's great about the zune.. after owning it for about two years it still looks as good as it did the day I bought it, mostly used without any kind of screen protector or case. I doubt any apple owners can claim that without white glove handling.
wink.gif
My 3rd gen ipod looked like absolute crap after less than a year.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #27 of 390
Zune 80 GB -> Westone UM2 is my minimalist rig of choice. Great UI, sound and display, and the D-pad has the iPod's scroll wheel beat for ease of navigation.

Oh, I now have over a dozen games on it now, too
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #28 of 390
[size=x-small]Meeeeeeeeeeeeee
biggrin.gif
Me got one me got one!![/size]

I sold my first Zune 80 when I bought the Sony 16GB, but I bought it again when I ran out of space on my Sony. I love the Zune AND I love my Sony. Even though they each have quite different sound signatures, I'm equally happy with both of them. I'm so glad I bought the Zune again. The tag editor is way improved over the old one, and of course, I get gapless playback now. No more ripping CDs as a single track...

I'm really really happy with my set up
happy_face1.gif
happy_face1.gif
happy_face1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #29 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, Unicode fonts.

I heard about that new hack in June and having now just checked it seems the 0.1v has been released as of a couple days ago. Even with it out, I might still stick with the D2 if only for the freedom from software. I don't know how the new software handles videos but the old one would seemingly randomly reject some of my videos for syncing while sync others flawlessly when they all came from the same converter.

Maybe I'll keep it as a backup player for when my D2 runs out of battery power, although that doesn't really seem like the best use of it.

Unicode support is out. it is in BETA stage and you need to install XNA and C# on your PC.
A zune player with clock and asian language support - Zune Boards

Here is a tutorial on how to install this app:
BostonPocketPC - Getting Games on Your Zune

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #30 of 390
how the heck I double posted? Delete this, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back