any vintages around?
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 63
Aug 14, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #17 of 63
1991 Paul Reed Smith custom. Looks like this one, but mine is a Royal Blue color:

custom_emeraldgreen.jpg

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 63
1991 is a bit too new to be considered vintage, isn't it? :p

My stuff:
P1010230.jpg

P1010207.jpg

Kenwood KR-6600 receiver. BEAUTIFUL. I got for for cheap (85USD) in mint condition - just gorgeous. Clean, powerful sound!

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

Dynaco A-25 speakers. One of the best budget speakers, especially for vintage. 100USD, and it beats out speakers (new) in the 400-500 range.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've also got a pair of Smaller Advents, and a Kenwood KR-3500 integrated amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #19 of 63
I have a 1965~1967 McIntosh MAC 1500 receiver. I recently finished rebuilding and tweaking it, so I'll hopefully get around to posting the results soon.

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy fuzzbucket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kenwood KR-6600 receiver was 1991??? it looks like it came from the 70s or 80s... i like the front panel...

I was referring to the guitar above my post.

My receiver was 70's vintage.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1991 is a bit too new to be considered vintage, isn't it? :p

I'm going to have to go ahead and say no, since no 'vintage year range' restriction was applied in the OP. According to the very definition of 'vintage' (which is usually applied to Wine age), I meet at least two of the acceptable definitions on the list with my post:

Examples:
"representing the high quality of a past time"
"being the best of its kind"

So my guitar is 16 years old, now approaching 17 years (which is almost as old as you are, HAHAH). It is most definitely a vintage guitar.

Now if we want to talk about antiques (25 years+), or if the OP posts a restricted year range, or we want to start talking about Wine, then yeah, my post would be inappropriate. But as it stands, I am (by definition) well within acceptable posting parameters, LOL.

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #24 of 63
I own a Pioneer SX-850 and a pair of Advent Laurate towers. These vintage pieces pair together well and produce great sounding music. The photos are from the net since I am not at home to take them myself.

SX850.jpg

Advent.jpg

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to have to go ahead and say no, since no 'vintage year range' restriction was applied in the OP. According to the very definition of 'vintage' (which is usually applied to Wine age), I meet at least two of the acceptable definitions on the list with my post:

Examples:
"representing the high quality of a past time"
"being the best of its kind"

So my guitar is 16 years old, now approaching 17 years (which is almost as old as you are, HAHAH). It is most definitely a vintage guitar.

Now if we want to talk about antiques (25 years+), or if the OP posts a restricted year range, or we want to start talking about Wine, then yeah, my post would be inappropriate. But as it stands, I am (by definition) well within acceptable posting parameters, LOL.

haha i wont call myself vintage... being 18
rs1smile.gif

hahahahahahaha..... but "representing the high quality of a past time"
"being the best of its kind" that will stay. i think 15yrs is enough though
cool.gif

my neighbor gonna give me his TEAC speakers to me soon.. from the design i think its from the late 80s... square honey-comb woofers...

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #27 of 63
I collect vintage tube guitar amps and have too many to list here. For example I have an ancient metal-cased Rickenbacher amp and matching laptop guitar set, several small Gibson amps from the late 50's and a mint, like-new condition 1960 tweed Fender Champ. Several blackfaced Fender amps from the 60's as well. My oldest guitar is a mid '70s Fender Jaguar. Also have a bunch of vintage audio components such as an old Empire TT, a unique wedge-shaped Yamaha cassette deck ( forget the model number ) and several pieces of higher end Luxman components from the late 70's and early 80's which I still use. I also still have my first cd player .... a wedge shaped Toshiba portable from the mid 80's. When you're an old fart, it's sometimes difficult to believe that stuff you purchased new is now actually considered "vintage".

Aug 15, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #28 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you're an old fart, it's sometimes difficult to believe that stuff you purchased new is now actually considered "vintage".

Ditto. On top of vintage audio gears, I also have vintage pens (too many to count), cameras (8) and watches (5).

And I still have my slide rule. (I am not going to explain what a slide rule is)

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto. And I still have my slide rule. (I am not going to explain what a slide rule is)

I have slide rules too, three or four of them. I also own a great number of vintage calculators, including two desk models with Nixie tubes, though one seems to be lost.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back