any vegan/vegetarians here?
Jan 24, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 55
I’m a meat eater but I love vegetarian/ vegan food!

There is a rise of these restaurants in major cities that serve these new style protein bowls and other vegan style dishes.

A lot of these new creative vegan dishes are shockingly good.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #48 of 55
Q: How do you spot a vegan in a crowded room?
A: Don't worry, they'll tell you....

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #49 of 55
I've been a vegan since October 2019 now.
I only did it as a test and to try to prevent disease.
I actually stuck with it because of how it made me feel.
I seem to have more stable energy levels throughout the day.

I'm not super religious about it, but have no plans on switching back.
If I suddenly want to eat meat then i'll do it, but never really missed it.
I do kind of miss pizza because of cheese and pepperoni.
Fake cheese on pizza is the most disgusting thing ever!

BTW know what's harder (for me) to give up more than meat? SUGAR! White table sugar, not fruit or honey.
It's impossible! I don't know how people can get down to almost 0g of sugar per day.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #50 of 55
I think vegan food is very exciting. The absence of meat really forces talented chefs to reinvent themselves to create cutting edge dishes and unprecedented flavors and combinations. As I’ve stated, I am a meat eater but I am also an adventurous foodie too always wanting for more and seeking new ideas.

Another interesting thing about vegan food is that it can force chefs to look at other cultures and to think outside the box. The down side is that eating upscale vegan food can get expensive.

If you’re on a budget and want to reduce meat consumption, I recommend Indian or middle eastern food or some type of variation. It’s not that hard to make especially if you live in a major city. Vegan versions of American food are usually boring so I would avoid that.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #51 of 55
I love vegan pizza, it’s the best especially with, extra bacon, extra pepperoni & extra hamburger meat. Mmmmmm .... mmmmmm .... love vegan pizza.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #52 of 55
I love vegan pizza, it’s the best especially with, extra bacon, extra pepperoni & extra hamburger meat. Mmmmmm .... mmmmmm .... love vegan pizza.

I wouldn't be surprised if people order this. But how do you not get a heart attack or feel sick afterwards?
Whenever I would order pizza and overeat I would almost feel like I had a hangover the next day.

I mean heck just yesterday I saw a Mozzarella Poppers Pizza at Pizza Hut. Sounds gross.
Seriously how many ways do they need to stuff even more cheese inside a pizza?
Why haven't they tried to deep fry a pizza or make the crust out of 100% chicken? Sounds like a great idea!

The only Vegan pizza I like is at Blaze Pizza, but for the asking price it doesn't really fill you up and you're hungry within an hour.

Vegan cheese is one invention they never should have come up with!

Somehow I just realized Honey can't be used if you're a "true vegan".
I looked it up on Google and it's because Bees can't consent to you taking their honey and it's exploitation. :jecklinsmile:

There is one thing I never understood..

What is with people eating Sub sandwiches and ordering heavy ranch and heavy Mayo. It just sounds so weird and gross.

I also never understood people who eat cottage cheese with fruit.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #53 of 55
Tofu is good for you.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #54 of 55
I wouldn't be surprised if people order this. But how do you not get a heart attack or feel sick afterwards?
Whenever I would order pizza and overeat I would almost feel like I had a hangover the next day.

I mean heck just yesterday I saw a Mozzarella Poppers Pizza at Pizza Hut. Sounds gross.
Seriously how many ways do they need to stuff even more cheese inside a pizza?
Why haven't they tried to deep fry a pizza or make the crust out of 100% chicken? Sounds like a great idea!

The only Vegan pizza I like is at Blaze Pizza, but for the asking price it doesn't really fill you up and you're hungry within an hour.

Vegan cheese is one invention they never should have come up with!

Somehow I just realized Honey can't be used if you're a "true vegan".
I looked it up on Google and it's because Bees can't consent to you taking their honey and it's exploitation. :jecklinsmile:

There is one thing I never understood..

What is with people eating Sub sandwiches and ordering heavy ranch and heavy Mayo. It just sounds so weird and gross.

I also never understood people who eat cottage cheese with fruit.

It’s simple humour on my part. And why do you worry about or try to understand what other people eat ? I don’t get that.

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #55 of 55
It’s simple humour on my part. And why do you worry about or try to understand what other people eat ? I don’t get that.

I don't really do this all the time, but certain food combinations people eat are just interesting to me. Like the Cottage Cheese and peaches thing.
To me that's like eating Pickle flavored ice cream.

And there is a very good reason for ME to worry about the Standard American Diet as a whole.

I don't want to go there, but it's the most unhealthy diet in the world.

People who move here from other countries often gain a lot of weight and get poorer health when switching to our diet.

I also care because I'm interested in reading about health and nutrition.

But no, I generally don't sit and worry about it. :k701smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back