any vegan/vegetarians here?
Nov 9, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #31 of 55
I eat meet and support animal testing, but don't feel like argueing about it as arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still dumb. That being said, I respect your stance and understand where you are coming from.

Nov 9, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole
I eat meet and support animal testing, but don't feel like argueing about it as arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still dumb. That being said, I respect your stance and understand where you are coming from.

You're an idiot.

=]

*pats you on the head*

Nov 10, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Which is exactly why most vegans/vegetarians don't eat meat.

By eating meat you support the system in every way. Whether it be animal testing, improper animal slaughtering techniques, animal abuse, animal experimentation, etc.

I have no respect for those that test **** on animals. I'd rather see a human being in a cage being tested on than some innocent, helpless, defenseless creature that can't speak up for itself.

Humans are one of the most ignorant animals on this planet.

then why dont you commit suicide and save yourself the torture of being around us?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Humans are one of the most ignorant animals on this planet.

thank you perplex for being a great example. :applause:

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #37 of 55
Strict vegetarian, 18 years.

Use the various veggie patties you find in the frozen foods case. They are excellent and come in a variety of flavors, pick what you want. The best for this day is the Herb Crusted Veggie Cutlet by both Gardenburger brand and another brand, plus if you can find it the Veggie Schnitzel. I wish I could tell you the brand but they are in white boxes. They have a great crispy bread coating plus a really nicely seasoned patty inside, kind of like a turkey patty would be I guess. I gave them to meat eating friends for years and they all loved them.

I make beans, rice, sweet potatoes, one year wild rice herbed mushroom stuffing, cranberry sauce, veggies, etc. Like mentioned almost everything except the turkey itself isn't meat so just go hog wild with that.

I'm nonconformist so I've even had Chinese for Thanksgiving day, it's just food to me. I'm usually alone for Thanksgiving so it's no big deal, really, no family to feed. If you have friends or family you may wish to get a small turkey breast for them, make a Veggie Schnitzel for yourself, and share the side dishes. This works great for the (sometimes) stubborn 'carnivore' in your life (remember that we're omnivores but too many people have Beef Council on the brain).

I think I have (somewhere) a recipe for non-turkey Thanksgiving day turkey, if you want it...

Nov 10, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #38 of 55
Been lacto-ovo-vegetarian for about 4 years, and just recently dropped the eggs. So now I'm lacto-vegetarian. It aids my meditation practice and energy flow (been initiated as an energy healer). Don't have any thanksgiving recipes, but I do have a pdf for some nice Indian recipes if you'd be interested (or any of the other vegetarians here) - PM me.

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
You're an idiot.

=]

*pats you on the head*

WOW! I think your words show the kind of person you are. I made a friendly non attacking post and that is what I get, LMAO. I hope this guy does not represent the majority of you animal rights guys. That kind of attitude gets people nowhere. I was hoping this would stay as an adult conversation without getting personal, I should have know better
frown.gif
I am done.

F1GTR, this no way directed at you, you have kept things respectful, I may disagree but as said above, I understand where you guys are coming from and respect your opinions.

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #40 of 55
It's unfortunate that people get so heated about this topic, but it's honestly a moral issue, and people have strong opinions over moral issues. I've been vegetarian for 6 years now and I love it. I've always hated the taste of flesh ever since I was a little kid, so when I started fending for myself it was a natural choice to take the meat out of my diet. My reasons for being a vegetarian are mostly taste-oriented, which is very personal, which means I hardly ever get in arguments over the subject.

Although I have to admit, I do feel better at the end of each day knowing that I made a difference in the lives of some animals. One person can't change the world, but saving a couple lives on a daily basis sure does feel good!
icon10.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #41 of 55
About 15 years ago I was a Vegan, "no meat products" at all! No beef, chicken, pork, fish etc. only veggie meats, and only soy cheese's and soy milk. I really like vegitarian cooking if the person cooking knows how to cook it. Not many people know what to cook when they become a vegitarian, it really helps to get veggie cook books if your starting out. It has definately been proven to be a much healthier way of living. There have been a few times over the years that I have went back to a "semi veggie diet" for health reasons, a few times I went on a diet to loose a few pounds and cut out all beef, pork, chicken and only ate fish. Not saying that vegitarians are beanpoles or skinny or anything because I know many vegitarians that are overweight, I just went back to it for personal reasons, and for health reasons. I have family members, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins that don't eat meat I always enjoy going over to their house for dinner. Thinking about it there are some dishes that I actually miss. There are times I think about going back to a healthier diet like that, but I must admit it cost a considerable amount of money to eat like that, way more than a meat eater. Also shopping for that kind of food is not as easily acsessable at your grocery store, though you are starting to see more products carried. It helps to have a health/nutrition center nearby. Oh yea I forgot to mention I was a vegitarian for about five years. Anyhow thats my take on things. Sorry about the sloppy punctuation. Thank You - Sushimoto
blink.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole
WOW! I think your words show the kind of person you are. I made a friendly non attacking post and that is what I get, LMAO. I hope this guy does not represent the majority of you animal rights guys. That kind of attitude gets people nowhere. I was hoping this would stay as an adult conversation without getting personal, I should have know better
frown.gif
I am done.

F1GTR, this no way directed at you, you have kept things respectful, I may disagree but as said above, I understand where you guys are coming from and respect your opinions.

You're an idiot not for the animal rights comment, but for the special-Olympics-you're-still-dumb-hurr-hurr comment. Not funny.

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
You're an idiot not for the animal rights comment, but for the special-Olympics-you're-still-dumb-hurr-hurr comment. Not funny.

True, that comment was in pretty bad taste
rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #45 of 55
Did some gravedigging, and thought I'd bring up this thread instead of creating a new one on this topic.

So, any vegans or vegetarians here?

- If you're a vegan, why are you?

- If you're a vegetarian, what is holding you back from going full vegan?

- If you love meat and hate vegans and vegetarians, could you explain why?
biggrin.gif

I think there should come an end to the industries that slaughter animals for their meat and other body parts. Humans have long evolved beyond the need for these products to survive and thrive, and in fact we are draining the planet's resources to continue feeding meat to the world. As an engineer, it is my opinion that technologically we are a brilliant species, but morally we have been stuck as barbarians in the dark ages.

Personally I wouldn't strictly put myself in the vegan category, but agree mostly with the ideology and lifestyle. I still got some old leather stuff that don't seem to wear out, and on occassions with friends or family where there simply are no plant-based foods I'll just eat whatever there is.

edit: typo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back