Any thoughts/info on the newly announced Grado GT220 true wireless in-ears?
Jan 26, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #16 of 24
anyone compared it to noble falcon, or final audio tws, it will be very interesting to see more boutique companies jump into tws iems, i am in search for the best tws as sometimes u just want to be free of all wires, daps, etc...

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 24
Haven't tried the Final or Noble TWS offerings yet, but have tested a bunch including those from M&D, Sennheiser, ADV., Lypertek, Hifiman and more. I am a big fan personally of TWS and we're finally seeing some genuinely good options all-round.

The GT220 is a really solid audio-focused TWS offering and would be one of my personal top picks if you don't require a wide feature set or top-notch call quality.

Battery life beats their rating and the fit for me is excellent - tip choice is very important as they have a very long nozzle and deep fit depth. With the right tips, they are very snug and stable in the ear with terrific passive noise isolation. The connectivity is very stable and they can pair independently.

In listening, they provide the experience we've come to Grado - a really gorgeous tonality and just above average technical performance. They have enhanced clarity and deep-bass but, otherwise, showcase good balance and a very natural voicing. Hopefully, will be able to get reliable measurements later today, enjoy the pics in the interim :)

DSC00382.jpg

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 24
You’ve convinced me dude. Where’s the best place to get them do you think? Looks like $259 from the Grado site
Nice! I would go through Grado and they should be able to sell directly or direct you to your local distributor.

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 24
I recently bought a set of these... they are on the way back.

I liked the sound quality with it being probably the best TW I've heard. Not quite Grado sound though as others have said as they have more bass than other Grado gear I've got/heard.

The in ear fit was good. If you are used to universal IEMs then you should get along with these just fine. One of the things that made me consider these was that the fit looked like a universal and I've worn Westone, UE and Shure IEMs for years now.

Quality is a very 'meh' for a some of the more expensive TW headphones though with the case being the best quality part of it. The headphones themselves look like very cheap plastic and the seam between the parts of the shell looked very weak. If your planning to use them outside much then the IP rating has them as splash proof but I doubt they would stand up to a decent rainstorm.

What killed them for me is I bought them to be used mostly outdoors and I walk about mainly in twilight or night time. The G icons on the side flash bright blue when in use with no way to turn them off, I asked Grado directly if there was a way and their reply was a very curt no. I suspect a few customers have asked the same question since I've only found one review that even really mentions the lights after looking for a way to switch them off.

If you are playing audio through them they will light your ears up, in tandem, every 25 seconds (I timed it). If you pause audio it's every second. If using it as a headset they seem to desync the lighting and flash randomly on each ear. The flashes are bright, so much so that using them in a dark room they are annoying. On the street, late at night, in a big city they really will attract some unwanted attention. You also look like a utter moron when they flash (I was looking in the mirror working out if I could live with the flash intervals and thought I looked like an idiot when they flashed... ymmv).

If you are thinking of these for use outdoors/dark location use I would very much consider if the lighting on these and maybe avoid them till Grado either spends a few quid to do an app, which can turn the LEDs off, or makes a second edition that doesn't light up.

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 24
I'm really annoyed with the blue LED and frankly I don't understand this feature. I can't use them at night when my girlfriend is sleeping! Please Grado, do something!

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 24
I returned the Grado GT220, too many issues with volume, connectivity and the end sound itself. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro the Grado GT220 are bad, really bad. In France I paid 300€, Samsung asked 229€. The GBP have better resolution, better stage, better extension and dynamics. Moreover, bluetooth connection of Grado GT220 is different for both ears... which creates even more issues.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #24 of 24
I just got a set off of an open box sale (lucked out, eased the price pain). They paired with my iPhone 8 easily. Tried the supplied tips and they didn't cut it for me. Into my immense bag of tips I go (they're sort of organized). It took a few attempts to match the fit with sound quality. Once locked in, listening to The Kills 'Hard Habit to Break', I just grinned. These sound terrific. Bass is tight and deep, midrange is unfettered and musical, highs extended, no sharp spikes. Pleasantly engaging, dynamic, no EQ warranted. After a lot more listening, I might find something minor to whimper about (maybe). I've heard a ton of headphones/iem's, and I know what I like when I hear it. Me like, me like! The GT220’s are a very welcome addition to my humble collection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back