Any thoughts/info on the newly announced Grado GT220 true wireless in-ears?
Oct 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 24
I don't think anyone has reviewed them because I don't think anyone has them yet, but I'm definitely interested in hearing the reviews once they are in people's ears! :)

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 24
Oct 27, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 24

With no comparisons to the TWS sets that have a rep for good sound. When I hear real people who bought them saying it outclasses the Nuarl, Senn, New Bose, Aviot and the like then I will put some stock in them. Could be like the first Noble Falcon where they thought the Noble name would do something but they weren't good enough. Of course there is already a Falcon 2 out in a few days to address the not quite up to the competition first try. They don't even seem to test them out for the connection and range. Might be great right there in the room they are testing but out in the real world start to drop on a commute. Such as the Noble which will have an antenna double the strength of the first version. These reviews just haven't really tested these out properly.

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 24
I'm hearing they are "V" with a big bass boost and a smaller treble boost and mids are not so upfront. They don't seem to sound like a Grado but have some quality in the bass and treble. Mids vocal your thing or the Grado house sound is your thing these might not be for you. Might need some EQ if you want to fix them but the price probably needs to be fixed. Doesn't sound like it betters any of the $150 stuff like Nobel Falcon 2 or Senn CX400BT for $260. You might be paying for the name.

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 24
Does anybody know how well they fit for running/gym use? Do they fall out easily?
They fit very well for me, however I have only used them while out walking so far not running or at the gym.

The other "issue" is that I have no idea what the IPX rating for these is, there's nothing in the product documentation nor on the Grado website.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #14 of 24
I purchased this before they went on sale. Received on day one and really loved them a lot. I heard about the momentum 2 so I tried them out as well. The largest fitting earpad for the Grado wasn’t tight enough for me. The momentum 2 fit better and had better sound over all . Not close. I took the ear pads from the Momentum 2’s and put them on the Grado’s. OM Gosh!! They are absolutely the best universal IEM I own. More soundstage than the Senn’s. Very deep bass, very controlled. Wonderful mids, and zero treble peaks!!! More instrument separation. Vocals still in your face the way we like our Grado sound. Overall, with the proper fit, they are the best true wireless IEM on market, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back