Any Sim Racing Fans?
May 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #106 of 181
Would be nice. The only thing I would need or have use of is the LCD display and rev lights. Of course changing the buttons and paddles to something I know I don´t have to replace every now and then would be very convenient too :)

May 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #107 of 181
So far iRacing = 95% practice laps. I spent all last week trying to run some Darlington race pace laps without crashing. By Sunday I still wasn't good enough but I entered a race anyway. Spent half the race getting repairs. This week we're at Charlotte, which I know pretty well, so I will hopefully give a better showing.

Oh look, trucks at Nurburgring. Up for sale at $165 million.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1iXzijO3aMs[/VIDEO]

May 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #109 of 181
Who here is getting Grid 2? I liked the first game, hopefully this next successor will be just as fun.
I'm a huge fan of the original. Gonna wait for a review though. Eliminating cockpit view is s strange decision but realism wasn't the strength of the first. It was just fun as hell with a rocking soundtrack. The only game where I watched the majority of my replays.

May 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #110 of 181
Already got Grid 2 pre-ordered (Green Man Gaming always has some kind of 20% off deal going). Sadly I don't think I'll have my CSR Elite back in time to play it. It's currently out getting repaired, I had already replaced a codewheel sensor but still had issues with wheel decentering.

May 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #111 of 181
Don´t think I will bother with GRID 2. GRID was just weird the only thing that worked was muscle cars on street circuits and some drifting events could be fun. The real life circuits didn´t work at all and the WTCC and formula cars was just broken.

But if I find it real cheap I will try it out. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #112 of 181
OT: Is there a site that lists start times for all the races each weekend? Trying to keep up with F1, Indy, Nascar, MotoGP, and the multiclass races each week should be easy but my DVR tends to mess up with these live races.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #115 of 181
I like Grid 2 so far. It is definitely the best looking racing game to this date.

Nowhere near a sim racer though, it definitely has an arcade feel to it. Haven't gotten too far into it but so far all the cars of similar style handle just about the same, really my only gripe with it.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #116 of 181
Grid 2 seems rather polarizing. Somewhat expected on long layoff titles with a huge following. I wish there was a demo available. I'm so tempted to grab it and start playing.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #117 of 181
I have well "demoed it". I am not buying Codemaster titles blind you never know what they are up to!

To me it feels like the handling is more gamepad optimized than ever. I did have some fun drifting in GRID but here you just turn the car 45 degrees and it start to auto drift or something it feels horrible and not smooth and controlled at all. 
But it may be like GRID that 70 % of the cars is undrivable and pure crap but you can find one or two you can have fun with so hard to judge really. It´s very uneven. it´s as much arcade as ridge racer though.

I wasn´t really stricken by the visuals either but it does it´s job on that part.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #119 of 181
Grid 2 was my first impulse buy of the year. I played 15 minutes of it and haven't played since. Maybe it's because I was playing with a G27 but the handling is just... off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back