Any Silicon tips that have a wide opening like the Shure olive?
Mar 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all!
I can't think of any silicone tips that fit westone/shure that have the wide opening, like that on the Shure Olives. I'm getting used to the olives, and prefer the sound coming out of the wide hole, but prefer silicons for ease of use.
Does anyone know of any?
Thanks!

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hey all!
I can't think of any silicone tips that fit westone/shure that have the wide opening, like that on the Shure Olives. I'm getting used to the olives, and prefer the sound coming out of the wide hole, but prefer silicons for ease of use.

I'm with you on the ease vs. sound thing.  I had pretty good success with the Sony Hybrids.  Although their opening isn't as large as the Comply's, I found their sound to be very similar- better highs than the 'stock' gray silicons (Westone).  You will need to make a 'sleeve' from other tips- I used a Comply core.  Also, I haven't tried it myself but the UE TF10 tips have a huge opening.  But again, you will have to improvise to make it fit the Westone.  The UE tips are interchangeable with Sony/Denon/etc., so any mods for those tips will probably apply to the UE tips.  Unfortunately I don't know of anywhere to get the UE tips other than UE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back