Any recommended headphone stores in London???
Apr 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chongy5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any places there where you can try out the lower end Grados, specifically the SR60 and SR80?

Much appreciated.

Superfi on Camden high st have these models and they'll let you audition them in the shop.
However they are expensive and have a no returns policy on headphones.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Superfi on Camden high st have these models and they'll let you audition them in the shop.
However they are expensive and have a no returns policy on headphones.

Thank you! They are indeed expensive, £100 for the SR80 new, however if I am only buying from the UK there isn't many other options (MS1 is out of the question due to not wanting stress with Customs and the like).

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chongy5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you! They are indeed expensive, £100 for the SR80 new, however if I am only buying from the UK there isn't many other options (MS1 is out of the question due to not wanting stress with Customs and the like).

Try them in there to see if you like them, then get them second hand off ebay.

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #20 of 23
Did you try turnkey in Charing Cross Road. They used to have a row of headphones in the shop for demo with the Beyer and Senn models mainly.

They can be pricey but do price match, so if you are after a particular headphone take note of the prices elsewhere first.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #21 of 23
We've been to Selfridges & Harrods the other day and they have a full collection of headphones there on the LG floor. HD800(harrods!) & lower class @selfridges, Ultrasone ed 8 & 10 or 12 (@ harrods), a load of grados from 60 to 325(harrods), bower & Wilkins p3,5,7 & many others you can listen to all!

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #23 of 23
I'm on my way into london for a day trip. Wondered if anyone in london could give me an update on shops that have the audio technica m50 to try? or similar price range models. thanks~ this thread is 4 years old, so i thought I'd see what's changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back