Any recommendations for good headphones?
Sep 30, 2010 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

trifled

New Head-Fier
Hello I was planning to buy Montser Beats by Dr Dre but I heard they break to easily so I'm want to buy a good over the ear, noise cancellation headphones for around $150. Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you for your input

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Closed headphones in that price range basically means you should buy the Audio Technica m50.  My pair is coming today I believe so I haven't heard them, but the general consensus from my research into closed headphones priced $100-150 says the m50's are the ones. 

The other thing I hear a lot is that anything associated with dr. dre is grossly overpriced for a mediocre headphone. 

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 7
You should state what what type of music you listen to and what are you looking for in a headphone as far as sound quality goes sometime that helps with recommendation. Or you can state why or what attracts you to the beats studio.  A priority level helps to.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 7
is this your first headphone? if yes, i'd suggest you start with something good but with budget in mind. my recommandation goes to KOSS portapro, as your first headphone. you can get them from bestbuy for $30, but make sure your local bestbuy has them instock, or order online and ship to store for pick up.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Closed headphones in that price range basically means you should buy the Audio Technica m50.  My pair is coming today I believe so I haven't heard them, but the general consensus from my research into closed headphones priced $100-150 says the m50's are the ones. 

The other thing I hear a lot is that anything associated with dr. dre is grossly overpriced for a mediocre headphone. 

Yes very overpriced. Grado SR225i that I got used for $150 blows them out of the water (except for sub bass). 
To the OP, I suggest get an IEM. 

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

I was thinking of buying ath-a700, how does it compare to the m50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back